Do you guys know much about flashes?

TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello TPF members! I've been looking at external flashes lately, because I don't have one for my T3i. I've been looking at getting an Opteka flash (Click here) because Canon flashes are too expensive. Looking at the specs, do you guys think this would be a good noobie flash? Are there any flashes you think are better for about $100 USD? Please help! :)

C'mon now. Have some manners. Don't come here and insult us and then want us to help you.
I wouldn't buy anything Opteka.

MLeeK said:
C'mon now. Have some manners. Don't come here and insult us and then want us to help you.
I wouldn't buy anything Opteka.

Haha, I'm sorry :p Any flashes you would recommend? :)

Strobist He has recommendations. Maybe he'll take your insults a bit better than we do...

MLeeK said:
Strobist He has recommendations. Maybe he'll take your insults a bit better than we do...

I fixed it :p I'm still learning manners on this forum :p

It's not this forum. It's manners. Period. You don't walk into a group of people you don't know and say "Hey, Assholes! I need your help."
You are evidently over the age of 13, so I'd think you'd have had some basic manners provided to you by your parents. Common courtesy goes a long long way.

MLeeK said:
It's not this forum. It's manners. Period. You don't walk into a group of people you don't know and say "Hey, Assholes! I need your help."
You are evidently over the age of 13, so I'd think you'd have had some basic manners provided to you by your parents. Common courtesy goes a long long way.

It's funny, I'm not sure how old you are, but being 15, I don't really see troll as an insult... It must just be being on YouTube a lot + my group of friends...

MLeeK said:

It's funny, I'm not sure how old you are, but being 15, I don't really see troll as an insult... It must just be being on YouTube a lot + my group of friends...

I have kids older than you. And if they addressed a group of adults the way you did they'd discover a new lesson in manners.
Excusing your behavior by saying you hang out with a bunch of other kids on YouTube isn't working for you. You know better.
There are a few very young kids who wouldn't put up with that either-it has nothing to do with age. It's respect. You are in a group of ADULTS here. If you want us to help you, give the respect due to another member of the human race.
Now that we have gotten that out of the way and you know that you're expected to behave in a manner that is courteous...

For $100 you aren't going to find much. It's REALLY limited. The Yongnuo flashes that Hobby (Strobist) recommends are about the best you are going to find under there. I know Sigma makes a few that you may be able to find used that are decent: The 530DG ST and 530DG Super may well work for you. Anything current or new is going to be $150 to $550 or so.

MLeeK said:

I have kids older than you. And if they addressed a group of adults the way you did they'd discover a new lesson in manners.
Excusing your behavior by saying you hang out with a bunch of other kids on YouTube isn't working for you. You know better.
There are a few very young kids who wouldn't put up with that either-it has nothing to do with age. It's respect. You are in a group of ADULTS here. If you want us to help you, give the respect due to another member of the human race.
Now that we have gotten that out of the way and you know that you're expected to behave in a manner that is courteous...

For $100 you aren't going to find much. It's REALLY limited. The Yongnuo flashes that Hobby (Strobist) recommends are about the best you are going to find under there. I know Sigma makes a few that you may be able to find used that are decent: The 530DG ST and 530DG Super may well work for you. Anything current or new is going to be $150 to $550 or so.

haha, Thank you :)

DO you think the Bower SFD926C Digital Shoe Mount Flash for Canon SLR SFD926C B&H Would be a good flash? Have you heard anything about Bower? It seems to have good reviews... I don't find myself using flash that often, but I have a big-ish lens that sometimes casts a shadow, and I think an external flash would be great for more custom photography. Does TTL Detection mean that it will fire when light from another flash hits it?

Bower isn't so hot either they're the same quality Opteka for the most part. There are some vivitar's that some of the guys have used.

Most reactions

Back