Do you hang prints of your photographs in your house?

Darkhunter139

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a few 8x10's printed by Adoramapix and they turned out amazing! Just wondering if any of you guys ever hang prints in your home? If so what sizes?

I have a few 8x10s on a console table at the top of the stairs. They're some of my first shots with my camera, so they're not the greatest photos but they're mine and I like the personal tough they add. I don't hang other people's art in my house, as a general rule. I do have lots of 4x6 snapshots hanging in matted collage type frames and lots of mirrors to compensate for my silly rule.

My mom used to have lots of family photos on her walls, but she also loved to hang crappy framed art she'd pick up at thrift stores. Oh my, I HATED those prints of birds of paradise and men in sombreros playing la guitara.

I have this one printed on 12x18 in my den
IMG_3143.JPG
(without the watermark ;)

I have a bunch of 8x10s and 4x6 (Almost all of my son) hanging all over the house, and a few 16x20s of some smoke art that I have done and 20x24s of two that I was particularly proud of...

10-1.jpg

12-1-1.jpg

yes, but not mine.

Mostly black and white and all would fall into the "fine art" classification.

I firmly believe photographers should collect photographs along with other art forms.

I have 3 11x14s and a 12x24 panoramic landscape shots I took in New Zealand in my office.

I have what I think is a 16x20 of some anonymous person carvin up a turn on a bike at a local track day. I'm going to start a wall or a photo collage of all the bands I've shot and artists I've photographed.

I have some family portraits I have taken on my walls. As for art prints I have taken, I have a few rolled up and waiting for a frame :(

I have plenty shots of my son, on the fridge and in various kid themed frames. I have several 16x20 prints of my landscapes (in cheap frames) hanging in my basement 'studio' area. And on my living room wall, I've got a beautiful 50x30 canvas gallery wrap of another landscape.
Canvas-01.jpg

This is the 1st one that I've Framed and matted on my own:

_DSC1781.jpg

So far, it's the only photo of mine to hang on the wall. There will be more now, now that I sort of know what I'm doing, framing wise.

Nice stuff!! Thats awesome big mike.

I am going to try a bigger print next time.

The upstairs hallway is decorated with varied prints in no particular order. Frames, sizes, subjects - random.
Flowers n sunsets n digs n kids accent the remainder of the house in a more traditional style.
The fruits of my labor n love are proudly displayed.
And every few years we give framed prints as holiday gifts - appropriate for the recipients taste in style - flowers, butterflies, etc.
Mounted photos are the ultimate pleasure/product of digital photography IMHO
oh yeah, work photos stylishly done adorn my office also

I have about 1 image a month printed.

I had this one printed on 20"x30" Kodak Metallic paper. The image is 15"x22.5" and I had the paper trimmed to 20"x27.5" so there is a 2.5 inch border all the way around the image.

It's matted and framed (24"x38.5") with a bottom weighted (2") offset mat window (4.5" of mat at the top and sides, 6.5" of mat at the bottom.

I get most of my custom framing supplies from www.documounts.com and assemble the mat and frame myself.

BoothIID907-28-9_020.jpg

Id like to but all of my favorite photos for the wall are of my kids and their at the age where they dont want pictures on the wall of them. You know. Cuz if their friends come over and see them. Well thats just gay...

None. Neither photos nor paintings.

I see them every day in the studio. When I step out of the work space I prefer to see someone else's work.

Actually, when I visit my parents, I'm still embarrassed to see the number of works of mine they have on their walls. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back