Do you have a logo?

sparks017

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christianjanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Basically what the title states. Do you have a logo? Why or why not?

I deisned my logo based around my photography business name Christian J Anderson Photography. I liked the idea of having a logo to just stand out, so when people saw my logo (at least if I get more popular) they will know it is my work. I also just liked the idea that it was different and it was mine.

1326603449-1.jpg

I don't have a logo for photography as I am just starting, although once I feel my work warrants one, I'll definitely make one.

My plumbing business has one though.

photo.php

Its nothing fancy, but it does the job until I have more time to spend on it.

logosmall.jpg

I don't actually use it so much like this (on its own). I'm not after people knowing my name, just protecting my images. Normally its used in a watermark, like below, which I much prefer. I try my best to hide it ;)

IMG_1000stamped.jpg

Its nothing fancy, but it does the job until I have more time to spend on it.

logosmall.jpg

I don't actually use it so much like this (on its own). I'm not after people knowing my name, just protecting my images. Normally its used in a watermark, like below, which I much prefer. I try my best to hide it ;)

IMG_1000stamped.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but I can't actually see your watermark in your image. I suppose that's your point, but I also suppose that if someone uses your image and crops it out, it wouldn't matter anyway.

As far as I understand, simply placing a watermark on your photo is not enough to pursue a copyright case. If you have the original raw file with your name (or business name) in the EXIF, it is a much securer way of digitally protecting your image from the common thief.

Basically what the title states. Do you have a logo? Why or why not?

I deisned my logo based around my photography business name Christian J Anderson Photography. I liked the idea of having a logo to just stand out, so when people saw my logo (at least if I get more popular) they will know it is my work. I also just liked the idea that it was different and it was mine.

1326603449-1.jpg

I am working on a few now...

I, however, am not too fond of your logo. Makes me think of a water company.

yea.. cool! LOGO = Instant Professional! :) Just ask anyone on Facebook or Craigslist! ;)

cgipson1 said:
yea.. cool! LOGO = Instant Professional! :) Just ask anyone on Facebook or Craigslist! ;)

Lol couldn't help but think "Smart A$$" when I read this.

cgipson1 said:

Lol couldn't help but think "Smart A$$" when I read this.

Funny.. that used to be my Avatar Sig! However.. there are those that spend more time on their logos, than they do learning to shoot! :)

Just a typical facebook PRO!

usaganiphotography.jpg

I started doing logos for people and someone said why don't you have a logo... So I put one together to keep the business coming.

Wow, a shutter/aperture. Never seen that before. Google "aperture logo".

Seriously, I'd hire someone if you want a good logo. That's just looks like the typical aperture logo on some squiggly lines.

I know the aperture logo is widely used I made many other sketches but people kept on going back to that one. I don't care if it looks like a water company. I like it doesn't matter to me if you don't.

yea.. cool! LOGO = Instant Professional!...

Nobody think it, I hope :lol: A logo is simply a tool for professionals. Like the trolley, like the website, like the business cards, like the blog, like the credential.

I know the aperture logo is widely used I made many other sketches but people kept on going back to that one. I don't care if it looks like a water company. I like it doesn't matter to me if you don't.

Awesome. I'm sure it will work out for you then.

Most reactions

Back