Do you have the new Canon SX20IS

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for your opinion on the Canon SX20IS. I know it's new but they're out there.

I did search the forum before posting.

Two things I'm really interested in are:
Picture quality (color rendition and sharpness) right out of the camera
Focus/capture speed.
Oh, I guess 3 things - battery life.

If you all think it's fantabulous I will probably break camp and go with the AA batteries.

Hi,

I see that you were interested in the SX20is last fall. Just wondering if you went ahead and bought it. I just got one last month and am testing it out.

Would love to hear your opinions on it. Did not purchase. Still waiting on a super zoom to have great reviews.

Great camera! Zoom is powerful and effective. Testing mostly Tv and Av mode now. Recently shot the Tall Ships in Toronto and got some beautiful results with good sharpness and colour. Processed in Photoshop to enhance a little more. Now self-publishing a book of these "ship" pics.

Really like the camera. Lots of features on it - just a matter of learning how effective they can be and using them at the right time to enhance overall results. Haven't used video yet but reviews say this feature is excellent.

Sure, you can find little complaints about this camera but I concentrate on producing the best pics I can and have been happy so far. The tilt screen is a great advantage and I use it often to set up a shot before using the view finder. The tilt screen sure beats lying flat on the ground for those low shots.

Find Auto mode the weakest mode re pic quality so don't use it.

Most reactions

Back