do you know how much these lenses cost?

indyrodeo9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi those are my dads all of them has minor fungi growth. i'd like to clean them out asap before they get worse. anyone knows how much they were? they are 10 yrs old.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22184475@N07/?saved=1

the big 300mm one has "canon ef 300mm 1:4 L IS" on it. not sure what it means though.

thanks.

28-70 F2.8 would of been about £800- £900

17-35mm F2.8 was about £1000 - £1100

300mm F4 is about £950 - £1100

the 28-70 you can get second hand for about £500 these days and the 17-35 you can pick up for £400

thanks for the help. holy cow!!! those are British pounds too. im in Canada so 2x that lol. didnt realize they were this expensive. i gotta take good care of them for sure. my dad would be super happy once i get them cleaned. i just hope its not too late.

holy cow!!! those are British pounds too. im in Canada so 2x that lol. didnt realize they were this expensive. i gotta take good care of them for sure. my dad would be super happy once i get them cleaned. i just hope its not too late.

they are a bit cheaper on your side of the pond though.

The 300mm runs about $1100 USD new. The other 2 lenses have newer updated models the EF 24-70 f/2.8 L & EF 16-35 f/2.8 L; so their value has diminished a bit more. eBay is a good barometer as for asking price these days. Can also check the used equipment section of B&H or Adorama. Probably still in the neighborhood of $800 USD. I'd say you made out quite well for a newbie. Just have them cleaned and serviced and your good to go.

BTW the IS on the EF 300 f/4 L IS means it has Image Stabilization. Like a gyroscope of sorts to help with camera-shake. A good feature to have these days.

They are worth $20 Canadian dollars... but since I am a nice guy, I will give you $25 for the whole bunch :)

Hey i'll give you 100$, plus shipping ;).

These guys dont know what they're talking about....not worth that much ;)......(I kid of course...)

Very nice find btw. Are you planning to get into photography yourself? if so you have a great start on glass.....

Hey i'll give you 100$, plus shipping ;).

These guys dont know what they're talking about....not worth that much ;)......(I kid of course...)

Very nice find btw. Are you planning to get into photography yourself? if so you have a great start on glass.....

yeah, after i saw all the nice pics the SLR cams can take, how can i resist not to get into photography. my only worry now is the fungi in the lens. havent found a service place in my city to clean it and not sure how much, probably wont be cheap considering the market price for those lenses.

Barring anything needs to be replaced, I had my EF-S 17-85 IS serviced for $56 USD at an authorised reapair shop.

Most reactions

Back