Do you post your photos on Instagram?

Jorge18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been out of the photography "game" for quite some time and now I'm jumping back in.

Is anyone using Instagram as a way to post your photos?

Nope, dont like its processing

Sometimes, yes. I LIKE their filter effects BUT I do not like their down-sizing, and I LOATHE the newest version's disgusting automatic default behavior to Share rather than to go right back to Camera mode. I prefer to have it keep the original, large-sized, which is from 1.2 to 2.1 megabytes, from the iPhone 4, and to have that image sent directly to my Camera Roll folder. I actually DO USE Instagram a fair bit...in fact, here are three of my newer semi-fave shots, all done with iPhone 4 and Instagram. View attachment 15684View attachment 15685View attachment 15686

^ I like the compositional choice in the first one, as opposed to the more straight forward, completely symmetrical take most people would've probably went with by taking a step or 2 ahead and shooting directly downward at the tiles.

Edit: Oh, and to answer the question... nope! Ive been thinking about it recently... but just cant get into the idea.. at the risk of sounding too "hipster" ( I think ) it just seems to be used by too many people.... bleh.

Last edited:
I ain't got time for Instagram, FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tagged, Google+, Ning, Meetup, MyLife, and all those other useless, meaningless drone sites.

^ I like the compositional choice in the first one, as opposed to the more straight forward, completely symmetrical take most people would've probably went with by taking a step or 2 ahead and shooting directly downward at the tiles.

Diz-actly my thought on shot #1...I did not want it to be perfectly symmetrical.

Yeah. It's fun with family and friends.

Isn't that what is all about?

Derrel, isn't the small sizing help with its speed on phones? That's the only reason I think they would downsize so much. I agree Idon't like the down sizing either.

I ain't got time for Instagram, FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tagged, Google+, Ning, Meetup, MyLife, and all those other useless, meaningless drone sites.

Hey--I thought we was Facebook friends, and that you followed my Twitter feed! I am going to un-friend you on Myspace dude!

Hey--I thought we was Facebook friends, and that you followed my Twitter feed! I am going to un-friend you on Myspace dude!

Nope. I registered on all those site, then changed my Profile to "Don't send me any e-mails", and have never gone back.

No, I don't use Instagram.

Most reactions

Back