sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hah.. i do that all the time. Especially because most of the time my lenses dont have the cover on in my bag.

It only took him 5 or 6 seconds to figure it out once he sat down, but having it recorded for posterity is pretty unusual. ;)

Mine usually falls to the ground where it bounces and then rolls away while I run after it like a moron.

It only took him 5 or 6 seconds to figure it out once he sat down, but having it recorded for posterity is pretty unusual. ;)

Yeah I wouldn't consider this failing at all.

Eric Clapton had a rather well-documented "Oopsie!" with the lens cap on his Leica...they don't call Clapton "Slow Hand" for nothin!

And check out this press dude in this video clip--he is a NIKON d-slr shooter as his neckstrap shows, and be is ALSO using a Leica rfdr. and is (under the mis-impression!) shooting images with the lenscap still on his rangefinder Leica camera!!!

Let's all give a big, warm Homer Simpson "DOAH!" to these poor "lenscappers".

Leica M shooters, don’t forget to take your lens cap off! | Leica News & Rumors

Eric Clapton had a rather well-documented "Oopsie!" with the lens cap on his Leica...they don't call Clapton "Slow Hand" for nothin!

And check out this press dude in this video clip--he is a NIKON d-slr shooter as his neckstrap shows, and be is ALSO using a Leica rfdr. and is (under the mis-impression!) shooting images with the lenscap still on his rangefinder Leica camera!!!

Let's all give a big, warm Homer Simpson "DOAH!" to these poor "lenscappers".

Leica M shooters, don’t forget to take your lens cap off! | Leica News & Rumors

LOL. I wonder if that poor guy EVER figured it out?

I agree that he figured it out fairly quickly. I don't normally use a lens cap, but once in a while, I put it on for some reason, and then invariably forget it's on--it usually takes me MuCH longer to get a clue.

The Fail part really is simply the unfortunate circumstances of being at an Olympic event and then having someone capture your "the lens cap is on" cluelessness for posterity.

There is an OLD photographer's pejorative word. The word is "lenscapper". That word is not used to much these days.

At least it is a dslr. If you had mirrorless camera with fake viewfinder, you may be in trouble hahah.

As a former news photog, I rarely, if ever used lens caps as they just slow down the whole process. But the Olympics is a big deal. and maybe he cleaned the front element real good and then tossed on a cap just to make sure his front element didn't dirty up. When everything turned up black, the lens cap was the last thing he think of as a potential black-out problem. What I don't get is the person video taping him instead of the gymnast.

Gary

Maybe not, but I'll bet it costs him a few rounds of drinks in the press bar!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back