Do you think photos make good gifts?

Only if someone expresses interest. I think that taste in photos/art is so varied, I would absolutely hate it if someone gave me a photo that I didn't like, but still have the obligation to hang it up. yuck. It would probably get broken or accidently lost :)

A couple of years ago, my sister and I secretly had professional portraits of us together made for my parents as a christmas gift. It was extra special because we never want to have our pictures taken, but we went all out and had a large print matted and custom framed. It was probably the best gift we could have got them, they both cried.

Oh I for sure do! Whenever I'm home in CT I try to get a few actually nice photographs of my son with each family member. I don't frame them but I do matte(sp?) them and mail them to them for sh1ts and giggles and it absolutely makes their days. I love love love to take photos for my family members and for me too :)

On another note I love love love going thru my grandparents old photo albums. Some are dated some aren't. On ever photo I print I put the peoples full name. Date. Yr. And place it was taken on. I really hope that my son (and hopefully more kiddies sooner then later) cherish these as much as I cherish my grandparents last memories :) so what I trying to say I write all that mumbo jumbo on their photos too for their kids :)

Oh I for sure do! Whenever I'm home in CT I try to get a few actually nice photographs of my son with each family member. I don't frame them but I do matte(sp?) them and mail them to them for sh1ts and giggles and it absolutely makes their days. I love love love to take photos for my family members and for me too :)

On another note I love love love going thru my grandparents old photo albums. Some are dated some aren't. On ever photo I print I put the peoples full name. Date. Yr. And place it was taken on. I really hope that my son (and hopefully more kiddies sooner then later) cherish these as much as I cherish my grandparents last memories :) so what I trying to say I write all that mumbo jumbo on their photos too for their kids :)

Speaking of artsy gifts, did you ever get the print of the drawing I made you?

my mom, me, my daughter, several aunts, all have given photos as gifts.. but, as mentioned before me... always framed.

but, we tend to buy blank frames at hobby lobby, and craft them up to make them special one of a kind from the heart frames with whatever photo.

about 10 years ago, i did a frame for my daughter. a picture of me in uniform on one side. a picture of her mom wearing one of my uniforms on the other side. and a picture of the two of us in the middle. i burned all the three into circle shapes, and left the burned marks. i mounted them on a slice of tree trunk, and burned it around the edges with a torch. then mounted the pictures, and covered it all in a layer of polyurethane.

of, last year for Christmas i found some pictures of my mom when she was about 40. and pictures of my deceased grandpa when he was 40, and my grandma when she was 40, and my great grandparents when they were around 40. then had my cousin, a graphics artist, Photoshop them all into the same photo. did some specks and dirt and aging to it, and you would swear they were all seated together to take the picture. then framed it up for her.

I have given photos as gifts. :) Usually not the artsy stuff, unless someone has expressed real interest in a certain photo. My family, especially my grandmother, loves to get photos of my son, so they usually get one for Christmas.

Well my cousin and her boyfriend just got a house and they're really into the country style. So I wanted to do a set of their barn, cowboy hats, boots etc.

That sounds like it could be really fun. :) I'm sure they'd love some nice photos to hang.

do it !

just be sure to frame them ;) mount them on foam board, etc...

don't print them at walmart!

Hell no lol. I know this has been asked a million times, but are there any good places to get prints that I can go to or only online?

i don't know...

what i can't print at home...... i print at walmart !!!!! lol

your partner in crime has that fancy shmancy new photo printer.

I struggle with presenting my own work as gifts.

What if they don't care for the image? You look like a pretentious dick.

blackrose89 said:
Speaking of artsy gifts, did you ever get the print of the drawing I made you?

No not yet! My laptop sh1t the bed. I finally found the place to drop it off for repair. Or rather be shipped for repair! I'm dropping it off at fedex today!!! I was just thinking about that too how I have to print it am Gary said he'd let me print that flower photo! And I have a friends wedding I have to print (to who is reading about photographing a wedding) the poor girl had no $$ and wasn't gonna have any photographer so I chanced it and she's happy she got something instead of nothing :) so I have a LoT to print :) just waiting foe the damn comp to work!

blackrose89 said:
Hell no lol. I know this has been asked a million times, but are there any good places to get prints that I can go to or only online?

I use mpix and really like them.

Most reactions

Back