Do you think photos make good gifts?

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone here get prints, calendars Etc made for friends and family for gifts?

I don't see any pictures, but -

A framed photo is a gift, an unframed photo is an obligation.

I give photos as unexpected gifts all the time...

edit
Could have sworn I saw "these" in the thread title...

(That's the reason for the "I don't see any photos" comment.)

Absolutely. Much of the art in my mother's home is my work. I also look particularly for shots of family members and/or their kids for future gifting.
I quite often see a scene and think that would be a good still life in ______'s home... I have tons of shots like that... and then I just shoot more and forget to use the ones I had!

I don't see any pictures, but -A framed photo is a gift, an unframed photo is an obligation.I give photos as unexpected gifts all the time...
Oh I wasn't asking for any of my photos. I just wondered if anyone here gives photos (in any form) as a gift for birthdays, holidays etc.

Yeah, I get that now (see my edit).

Like I said before - if it's a gift, make sure it comes with a frame - ready to hang.

Slightly different thought process, but an electronic picture frame with a small thumbdrive full of pics makes an outstanding gift.

Slightly different thought process, but an electronic picture frame with a small thumbdrive full of pics makes an outstanding gift.

That works too!

I give photos as gifts sometimes. The recipients always seem to like an actual print, framed or not. I always go at least 8x10, sometimes in a frame, depending on the occasion. Anything smaller than 8x10 isn't really a big deal though..

I restored a few photos of my mother in-law's dead father, placed in a nice frame, and she started to tear and hugged me when I gave it to her. I have to say giving photos for the right occasion works.

I have given canvas prints as gifts.

My wife has quite an extensive flower garden around our home, and I'm continually taking photos. For quite some time I've had calendars made of my photos and given them to family members at Christmas time. They'll always have a part of our home around theirs.

For an anniversary gift I gave my hubby some framed photos of us in Hawaii. We now have them hanging in our dinning room. Amazing gift.....we eat dinner and remember an amazing trip! =)

I have given photos in gifts many times. Sometimes in frames, sometimes not, depending on the situation. Always a photo that I knew they loved, or one that really represented them. For instance, my best friend's symbol is a butterfly so I gave her a butterfly photo, and in another instance, her "life verse" from the Bible is Isaiah 61:1-3 so I gave her those verses set to 4 of my pictures in 5x7 size, and she had them framed. Another friend really loves mushrooms so I took some photos of mushrooms and sent her 4 8x10 prints, but no frames, and she adored them and framed them her way. I think for the right people, pictures are great. You just have to know them and what they like.

Most reactions

Back