Do you think this is sharp?

For a 100% crop... that is absurdly sharp. And the duck picture... yes, that lens is gnarly (in the best possible way).

What are you shooting at? 2.8 is wide open and will be a bit soft. Step down to 5.6 or 8 and try that.

Exif ...
Sutter 1/640
Apeture f/7.1
Exposure mode... shutter priority / Tv

I think the first looks very sharp, but the yellow seems to have the highlights blowna bit on its breast.

The duck is wickedly sharp.

Cheers

the first one in my eyes is sharp but i dunno, to a certain extent i feel that it could be sharper, i wouldn't be able to take a photo like that though so...

the 2nd is amazing, great detail and all nice one

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble telling if a shot is sharp... thank god for autofocus. I use manual a lot, but always worry if my shot is sharp. The duck... is beautiful. Nice picture.

The branch on the first shot is soft and there isn't much feather detail in it either, but its hardly surprising as you've cropped it so much. Why didn't you use your converter??

The Mallard has a sharp beak but then the focus goes off towards the tail, what aperture was it shot at? It also has a bit of CA on the white feathers on the right hand side of the shot

i don't really have a problem with telling if a photo is sharp or not, its more along the lines of calling something really sharp and being told it could be sharper..but if the photo is severely out of focus i won't say it's focused

The branch on the first shot is soft and there isn't much feather detail in it either, but its hardly surprising as you've cropped it so much. Why didn't you use your converter??

The Mallard has a sharp beak but then the focus goes off towards the tail, what aperture was it shot at? It also has a bit of CA on the white feathers on the right hand side of the shot

#1 I didn't have the TC with me because I'm trying to see just what this lens is capable of.

#2 F/4.5 ... 1/1000th ISO 200.

Most reactions

Back