Do you use a wireless mouse?

Do you use a wireless mouse?

• Yup

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
When I updated my computer last year I got rid of the wireless mouse and went back to a wired type. I got tired or replacing batteries and then sometime I had problems re-establishing the link and wasted time on that. Of course the wire is back so that's a pain but I think I like it that way better.

wired gaming mouse here.

I'm curious to see how many use wireless mouses. I remember many moons ago believe or not, I had a wireless ball mouse, remember those? yeah. It sucked to say the least. It was early 2000s, wireless mouses had their fair share of issues. I used a dell ball mouse and then a cheap optical mouse until I went to a vocational school in 2006 for computers when there was this fantastic dell optical mouse that I really liked and wanted one for home, so I got one of those and used it ever since until it broke a couple years ago when I decided I had enough of the cable being snagged on stuff behind my desk or being just too short that's when I picked up a cheap Logitech M310 optical RF wireless mouse and it worked awesome until the scroll wheel started to fail.

Last week, I bought the Logitech M510, its bigger, heavier, more buttons and uses a invisible laser instead of optical which I guess is suppose to mean higher DPI and just more precise but honestly, it seems to be slightly worse than my cheap M310..sometimes it will skip across the screen. Now I'm not sure if its the mouse or my mousepad. I might have to get one of those Steelseries HD pads that are designed for laser mice. But for the most part its been okay and its a lot more comfortable and better built.

Anyways, for those that use a wireless mouse, do you have issues like that every now and then? Is this just the norm for using a wireless mouse?

If you still use a wired mouse, unless your a gamer, why?
I use an Apple Magic Mouse with my Mac Book Pro laptop. Like other Apple products, it is expensive (about $79) but works extremely well. There are no buttons or wheels, but it can do one-button clicks, two-button clicks (left and right clicks), scrolling, screen zoom, and two-finger swipes. I bought it because my trackpad needs to be replaced, but I will probably keep using it after I get the trackpad replaced because it seems so much handier most of the time, i.e. when the laptop is on a desk or table. BTW the laptop is four years old, and is the only computer I use now, so it has gotten lots of clicks!

Wireless. Can't remember the brand. I think I had a Logitech but then recently when I got an external monitor for my laptop, I got a wireless keyboard that came with another mouse which I'm using instead of the old one. Nothing was wrong with the Logitech - this new one came bundled with the keyboard anyway and just turned out to be a little nicer. Never had any issues with skipping or anything. I've been thinking about getting one of those Wacom tablet thingies for photo editing and possibly for editing my students' essays as well.

Wired for me. I hate having the freakin' battery just up and die. No warning. No popup. Just no movement at any time.

Gimme a wired mouse and I'm a happy camper.

Mine has a warning. The led light will display red meaning the battery is low and on my old wireless mouse I only change the battery once a year..on my new one I got last week, I guess its two years. Uses two AA's. Time will tell.

I tried a wireless one. The onscreen warning worked once. After that it would die without notice about every two weeks.

I tossed it and went back to the old school way. Sometimes, 'new and impoved' ain't.

Magic track pad with the iMac. (wireless) Trackpad on the MBP. Much better than a mouse.

I use pretty much all the choices (except the trackball) on a daily basis. I have the Magic Mouse (wireless) and the Magic Track pad. The only complaint I have about either is that the Magic Mouse *often* (at least a couple of times a month, sometimes multiple times in a day) just loses its connection. It's easy to use the Trackpad and reconnect it, but it's annoying. And it does require new batteries pretty often, but it gets used a LOT, since it's my main work computer.
Then I have a standard wired mouse on both the work PC and my home desktop. Never any trouble, except the very occasional cord-getting-stuck-on-something issue.

I also have a Wacom tablet on the home desktop. It's my preference, except that when I was temporarily without a desktop computer, I quit using it and I've had trouble getting re-acclimated to it.

Then I have a wireless mouse for my laptop--Logitech, I think. Don't know what model; old. Sometimes go over a year without changing batteries in it.

I use pretty much all the choices (except the trackball) on a daily basis. I have the Magic Mouse (wireless) and the Magic Track pad. The only complaint I have about either is that the Magic Mouse *often* (at least a couple of times a month, sometimes multiple times in a day) just loses its connection. It's easy to use the Trackpad and reconnect it, but it's annoying. And it does require new batteries pretty often, but it gets used a LOT, since it's my main work computer.
Then I have a standard wired mouse on both the work PC and my home desktop. Never any trouble, except the very occasional cord-getting-stuck-on-something issue.

I also have a Wacom tablet on the home desktop. It's my preference, except that when I was temporarily without a desktop computer, I quit using it and I've had trouble getting re-acclimated to it.

Then I have a wireless mouse for my laptop--Logitech, I think. Don't know what model; old. Sometimes go over a year without changing batteries in it.
Wouldn't have anything but this for my Mac wireless keyboards, trac pad etc. The Magic Bar Apple Wireless Charger Wireless Keyboard Magic Trackpad Wireless Charging Station Inductive Charging Technology Mobee Technology

Works great, charges convieniently when not needed. I have virtually no disconnects with mine.

Wouldn't have anything but this for my Mac wireless keyboards, trac pad etc. The Magic Bar Apple Wireless Charger Wireless Keyboard Magic Trackpad Wireless Charging Station Inductive Charging Technology Mobee Technology

Works great, charges convieniently when not needed. I have virtually no disconnects with mine.

Looks like a great idea, but I rarely have any trouble out of the track pad, just the mouse. I've probably only changed the batteries about once a year in the track pad.
I see that they have a Magic Mouse bar charger, but it's $50. I'd buy that in a minute if it was my personal machine, but I doubt my workplace will be as eager to spend more money on my technological equipment. Never know though, I might just ask.

My iMac came with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I got verrrrry tired of the dead battery issue with the mouse. I have gone back to wired. The other machine has always been wired.

My iMac came with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I got verrrrry tired of the dead battery issue with the mouse. I have gone back to wired. The other machine has always been wired.

Wow Apple mouses must have terrible battery life. My Logitech M310 I used probably 6 hours a day give or take and sometimes left it on all night and only needed to change the single double A battery once a year. Impressive if you ask me. Not sure about my new one though..only time will tell.

I have a wireless Logitech M505 mouse paired with a Microsoft Arc keyboard at work and home.

Wow Apple mouses must have terrible battery life. My Logitech M310 I used probably 6 hours a day give or take and sometimes left it on all night and only needed to change the single double A battery once a year. Impressive if you ask me. Not sure about my new one though..only time will tell.
Oh, not so bad really. You have to realize that when you are using an apple machine, you are USING the apple machine. Your not waiting for this check to be done, that scan to be finished, this semi-hourly update to be downloaded and installed. Your just sitting down, using the machine, and going about life. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry, It's just a joke people. Well for the most part. I just couldn't resist. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back