Does A Bear $&IT In The Woods?

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a chance to go to the Smoky Mountains and take some photographs this morning. I went to Cades Cove which is in Blount County, TN. The bear population has been exploding there in the last few years. Today, I saw a momma bear with 3 cute little cubs. It was early in the morning about 8:30 AM and the lighting was dim, so I had to use a slow shutter spped and the ISO was really high. Not something I like to do. Here are some of the pics I got.

Momma bear could not get her cubs to come down out of a tree. They finally came down one at a time.

Black Bear 6 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 18 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 16 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 25 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 35 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 36 (1 of 1).jpg

Black Bear 30 (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
wow awesome photos.. and even the baby bear...

Very nice set! I love the Smoky Mountains. Usually I'm just driving through from Dallas, TX to Richmond, VA. Once in a blue moon, I'll take some extra time and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Very nice set! I love the Smoky Mountains. Usually I'm just driving through from Dallas, TX to Richmond, VA. Once in a blue moon, I'll take some extra time and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway.
It's nice to be only 45 minutes from the Smokys. I do a lot of work in Sevier & Blount counties. It reminds me of the Appalachian Mountains in West Virginia where I grew up.

I haven't been to the Smokies in ages. You got some great pictures, that baby bear is a cute little ball of fur.

I remember once in the Smokies a bear got ahold of one of those little Igloo coolers and popped it open like it was a can of pop! no problem getting it open. We watched from a good distance.

So what's the answer to the title question - did it?? lol

Wow! You got some great pictures there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back