Does anyone ever use other artforms for inspiration?

Baaaark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I like to take a song, and use it to motivate me in my photography. Likewise, I will find a painting (even a Jackson Pollock or something), helps spur the creative process. Many times, I find my MP3 player to be an awesome help in putting me in a more creative mood.

So, does anyone else use something to help put them in their photographic mood? Kinda like a method photographer...lol.

I was just curious. I have very strong emotions, so I think I get more from my work whenever I have my feelings to work with. A lot moreso than if I were just finding some good composition and clicking.

Its the same case for me. Music is my main inspiration while shooting. I listen to U2 and Coldplay.

Yep, I find the various arts inspire each other. Music can inspire my photography (I have a photography project I want to do that is inspired entirely by one song), photography can inspire my music, paintings can inspire writing, it goes on.

Chris, listen to some real music. Philip Glass, Paul Schwartz, Sophie Milman, Christine Jensen, and ABBA all the way man. :greenpbl:

Yep, I find the various arts inspire each other. Music can inspire my photography (I have a photography project I want to do that is inspired entirely by one song), photography can inspire my music, paintings can inspire writing, it goes on.

Chris, listen to some real music. Philip Glass, Paul Schwartz, Sophie Milman, Christine Jensen, and ABBA all the way man. :greenpbl:

This is probably TMI, but I'm bipolar so what music I listen to GREATLY varies. Now I've been listening to a lot of Slipknot, but whenever I get in a down mood I like songs with depressing lyrics like Everclear, Nirvana, and Nine Inch Nails.

To me, the music is really irrelevant. Its the emotion it gives you. To Chris, I would also suggest Radiohead.

Also, thanks for letting me know that other people do this. I also find poetry to be very capable of producing certain moods.

To me, the music is really irrelevant. Its the emotion it gives you. To Chris, I would also suggest Radiohead.

Geeze. Am I the only person on this earth who really, really doesn't like Radiohead? :lmao:

I'm not a Radiohead fan... in fact, I can count the good songs from this decade on two hands. (One man's opinion...)

And doesn't anybody read anymore?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back