does anyone know ho to shoot "ray of light" effectively?

Yup thanks for the edit lafoto. I surely did not take that haha.

Thanks bitteraspects, that makes good sense. :D

Like this you mean??? :wink:

290834357_c8680f1de8.jpg

JEazy said:
Clean your sensor bitteraspects!

haha, that's funny (to be honest i didnt even notice!!) (GOOD COMPOSITION :lol: )

hovis, that's not actually what I meant - I was more after the big long rays that seem to go to infinity whereas the one you've captured looks like .. gosh I don't know what it looks like, but still it is nice haha.

Why would one need a fast shutter speed to catch a ray? <head scratch> As long as the exposure is right, any combination of shutter speed and aperture will do the trick.

Regarding the photo posted by Hovis, it looks more of a starlight effect rather than the actual rays that are the topic of this conversation. The starlight effect is a result of a small aperture, btw.

nevilleb

Thats what I was trying to work out... sunlight rays are a bit difficult to define I suppose ..... going by the earlier posted shots out of clouds, they are a bit easier to capture, especially if there is any amount of moisture in the air. Interesting thread though :thumbup:

The picture that u link was edited.
So you can use some rater editor as photoshop.
Some rays you can get when make photo of
sun or other light. My camera makes 4 rays. it is cheap.
better cameras make 6 rays and more:lol:

it is from my http://www.artywall.com

SSDnestr_1_160x120.jpg

Also some rays you can get from clouds.

nina_sayang said:
i'm a beginner.. i want to learn how to shoot sun ray of light effectively. i have try for many times, but it's results is too dark or too bright. what i have to do? i want to know how is the camera setting, what is the best angle, the exposure, etc...

and i have another question...how to make a great contrasty and dramatic light like this:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2053295

thanks before.

Most reactions

Back