does anyone know how is this effect achieved?

isponts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Clara_Morgane.jpg

¿and how is it called?

Thank you

what's the effect? :scratch:

the only thing i can see is good lighting, proper film or good digital camera and some photoshop ... other than that ... i dont see an "effect" .. is that what you're talking about?

Looks like a lot of airbrushing. Of course you need a decent image to work from. The lighting in this is very even. with a strong hairlight on her right side.

Good genetics and a great make-up artist.

That photo is a better example of what I meant

Very uniform colors in the skin and lips

since thats what ur talking about :p

on the first photo, i would do something similar to this:

i would get a make-up artist to do her make-up .. but i would have the model tan at least 2 times before the shoot (a few days before) ... then i would have the make-up artist apply body make-up like Dermablend to her body (in my younger yrs, i modeled and use this body make-up) ...

i would use my digital camera and shoot it in RAW mode ... i would have my aperture at about f5-f7 .. iso 100 (on my camera, its 80) ... i would use a softbox with no flash, just continuos light from the top right (but not too far on top) .... i would use a gold reflector on the left ... pretty close .... i would use a tripod and a shutter of about 1/2.5 - 1/3.0 (perhaps a little longer on the shutter, depending if my light is right, like 1/2.0) .... that's how i would do this on my Olympus E20 :D

im sure there's another way, but thats how i would approach this :D

Heavy make up. Professional make up artist.

Giant soft box (or large diffused windows) at camera. Notice the catch light looks like there might be a photographer standing in the middle of it.

Adobe Photoshop.

Notice no shadow under nose, slight shadow under hat. The main light is straight frontal diffused lighting. Looks like there is a hair light on each girl.

...and a soft focus filter on the first shot, more than likely. Always helps in wedding portraiture, back when we did it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back