Does anyone know if Datacolor SpyderCheckr Color Calibration works with JPEG?

well i have already an NEC pro Photography display with the NEC calibration tool, would buying this make it better? because i was watching videos on youtube how they shoot the tool with all the colors so the camera gets the colors correct, and then they upload it to computer to make sure it see's the colors as the camera?, im shooting in a tent with 2 speedlights on the side.

I would suggest you do some serious research into color management and calibration techniques. Your OP made so little sense, most of us didn't quite know where to start. I'm sure that someone here can point you in the right direction.

What I can tell you is that JPEG/RAW has nothing to do with any of this.

I'm not quite sure what the question is, but if it is what I think it might be, the first answer is no, but yes.

You need to have a raw workflow for it to work. It will help, when used alongside your NEC monitor calibrator, and it will give more accurate colour than a grey card (which doesn't give accurate colour, and isn't intended to). If you are referring to the final JPEG, then you could say that it will work with JPEGs, but only if they are at the end of a raw workflow. What raw converter do you use? There may be other, better options for you. What is your final aim - how far do you wish to take the quest for accurate colour?

I guess that everyone got confused between the Spyder and Spyderchekr or whatever it is called. Datacolor loses points for confusing customers, but they have XRite as rivals in that department. The i1 what?

If what Helen says is true we owe op an apology.

Since Helen is never wrong... Um... Sorry!

helen is right. should have done my own research and looked a little more carefully.

that said. i never apologize.

the square root of -2 is i and the division by zero is unpopular number.

(yeah. that's right. i claimed that b**ch.)

Go back to school fool. sqrt(-2) = 1.4142136i

Or as we electrical engineers like to call it 1.4142136j so it can't be confused with i = current in amperes. :p

Ugh COBOL language in my head ><

OPEN INPUT CARD-FIL
READ CARD-FIL
AT END CLOSE CARD-FIL
STOP RUN.​

Thanks for the memories!

Most reactions

Back