Does Anyone Know..

baturn

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... if Nikon D300s and D7100 came with protective covers for the battery grip contacts? If so what did I do with mine? I never throw any thing away. I've searched every box and camera bag with negative results. So, the real question is , if they exist are they available after market. Don't yell at me. I came here first because of my love for you all.

Is it on the grip itself?

AFAIK, every Nikon body and grip comes with covers for ALL exposed contacts. If it turns out you need replacements, you might try Victoria Camera Repair; they could probably order them for you.

As I recall there is a slot somewhere on the grip itself to store the cap. Can't remember exactly where though.

Edit - The MB-D15 manual shows it stored on the grip itself, right beside the connector that goes into the camera body.

I found the covers for the grips contacts. the D300s was bought from a previous owner and may not have had the covers when I got it. I will follow John's advice and contact Victoria Camera.
Craig - the first place I looked was on / in the grips. the spaces for the stowage of covers are there. I keep all packaging and boxes and have thoroughly searched thru both the camera and grip packaging with no results. I'm guessing it's some of those things I put away for safe keeping and forgot where. I'm old you know.
Thank you all for your quick responses.

I'm sure you can buy 'em by the dozen fairly cheap off fleabay. They really don't have to be OEM.

It's just a rubber plug. A piece of electrical tape would work just as well.

It's just a rubber plug. A piece of electrical tape would work just as well.

Yep the cover for the contacts themselves on the battery grip are just a little clear plastic or rubber cover - the kind of thing that is easily lost or thrown out with the grip packaging. Any general covering material will do to protect them if selling/going into storage.

I think I'm far more pi**ed at myself for losin' 'em than having to replace them.

I'm sure you can buy 'em by the dozen fairly cheap off fleabay. They really don't have to be OEM.
Thanks Sparky. Ordered and now it's just a matter of waiting.

Yep the cover for the contacts themselves on the battery grip are just a little clear plastic or rubber cover - the kind of thing that is easily lost or thrown out with the grip packaging. .........

Only........ the cover didn't come with the grip. It came with the camera.

Most reactions

Back