Does anyone like this?

zbo2408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure why, but I have always like this photo (one of the originals I took with my DSLR 2 years ago)

What do ya'll think about it?

IMG_1364-2.jpg

To answer your question, to me, there are 3 separate and seemingly divided focal areas of interest all within a single plane. Starting at the right you have a baseball diamond and dugouts highlighted by a yellow light and the light on the ground leads your eye to the tennis court, and finally on the left have the Moon with Venus close by.

You realize that if you have to explain your photo, it may be working for you, but it's not working for others. Which is not a biggie. If it works for you, then mission accomplished. But if you want it to appeal to others, it needs a clear (and obvious) subject, a "WOW" factor, and give viewers a reason for looking.

Well you asked what is the subject and I answered ...

For some reason it reminds me of ET.

To answer your question, to me, there are 3 separate and seemingly divided focal areas of interest all within a single plane. Starting at the right you have a baseball diamond and dugouts highlighted by a yellow light and the light on the ground leads your eye to the tennis court, and finally on the left have the Moon with Venus close by.

No one except you would be able to tell, i have not got a clue what i am looking at, to me it is a park with a few lights and the moon and venus look like street lights

I agree with the above... the color contrast is interesting, but the subject they are lighting is unidentifiable at this distance, and possibly not interesting if it was. And the moon looks like a street light or a house light.

You should black out the blue lit center part. Just have the moon and expansive darkness and this lonely baseball diamond.

You could also use content aware scaling and shift the moon closer so the expanse isnt as great once the blue area is removed.

Interesting shot..

It could look great poster sized on the wall and leading to a family Rec Room..........

I agree that a larger scale print of this would look much better. As small as it is I really have to look to focus on what exactly it is under the lights, but other than that, I do like it. I'm a sucker for night and moon/star photos. Too bad the moon wasn't bigger. If you happen to be in the same place and see the moon like that when it is full and huge in the sky, that would really set it off, I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back