What's new

Does bulb mode damage the camera?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
828
Reaction score
106
Location
Cincinnati, OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but does leaving the shutter open in bulb mode for long lengths of time damage the sensor or camera in any way?
 
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but does leaving the shutter open in bulb mode for long lengths of time damage the sensor or camera in any way?

I never really thought about it but I guess that you could cause some damage if used in the extreme, lens wide open with bright sunlight and the shutter open for hours. I expect that, with "normally exposed" shots there's no worry.
 
well, and going along with that, if you are in live view mode with the mirror locked up you can burn the sensor (particularly if you are shooting at the sun.
 
:scratch: Did you intentionally copy and paste the exact thing that I wrote above?


Edit: Nevermind, looking at the rest of his posts, I'll quit feeding the trolls.
 
Lol @ Donatello w/ ctrl+C

I imagine under normal circumstances, you are fine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom