Does Sigmas 10-20mm lense have a fixed aperature or..

Firefly Lighting

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I searched through some of the old threads but could not find an answer. Does Sigmas 10-20 mm lense only have a fixed f/3.5 aperature or can this lense be stopped down to say f/22? I need a good wide angle for my Nikon and this one was suggested but I need one that will give me some variance in my depth of field clarity.

Any one have one of these lenses that would care to comment on it?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

No, it has an adjustable lens diaphragm, so that the lens can be stopped down to control exposure and depth of field.

Best place to check is the sigma webpage:
Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd

Scrolling down to the spec for the lens you can see that its minimum aperture is f22

Yes you can adjust the aperture. That just means the lens at 10mm is f/3.5 and at 20mm it's f/3.5 it doesn't change like from 3.5 to 5.6 You can of course stop the lens down to the aperture of your choice. GL
TJ

Best place to check is the sigma webpage:
Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd

Scrolling down to the spec for the lens you can see that its minimum aperture is f22

zactly. The aperature numbers in a lens descriptions are its maximum apertures at given focal lengths. Like 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 means a max aperture of 3.5 at 18mm and 5.6 at 55mm.

Thanks guys, I am a novice but am looking at this lense for night photography. Thanks so much for the info. The new Nikon 16-35 looks promising also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back