Does the white balance look off?

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's a bunch wrong with this photo (I think :p ) and I might go back out tomorrow and try again, but in case I can't, help me fix it!

1.) I think the white balance looks off. It was raining and gloomy, and I took a bunch pictures with the auto white balance setting, some with the cloudy one, some with the shade one, and they didn't look right on the camera, and they didn't look right on my computer. This was after I changed it from auto to cloudy on Canon's digital photo professional. Now I think it looks yellow.

2.) I don't think the cart is in the right position. I'm going to pull the front end out more and angle the front wheels away to see them better. And pick the pebbles out of the tread and put some shine on the rubber (didn't know I was going to be the one detailing it when I agreed to take the photos, silly husband.. lol ).

I do have lightroom and cs3, but both over whelm me, and in the 45 minutes I spent on this picture I just made it worse (REALY yellow). Why the heck does it keep turning yellow? Anyway, here it is....

cart.jpg

The white balance looks fine to me.

Are you using a calibrated monitor?

I asked my husband about this, and he says yes (that's how I inherited CS3 and all that stuff, this used to be his laptop), but I don't know. My screen is really dim, so I think it may be going.

I'm looking at the picture now on my calibrated monitor at home and it looks fine...no yellow color cast or anything.

Stilltime -
How long has it been since it was last calibrated? I know mine shifts a little if I skip a calibration or two. (After maybe a month & a half or two months without a calibration, my monitor is noticably 'off'.)

Are you using a calibrated monitor?

I think you were asking Stilltime, but just in case you were asking me - yes.

Stilltime -
How long has it been since it was last calibrated? I know mine shifts a little if I skip a calibration or two. (After maybe a month & a half or two months without a calibration, my monitor is noticably 'off'.)

I think you were asking Stilltime, but just in case you were asking me - yes.

I've had the laptop for over a year, so, a long time. He said I can do it in photoshop, yes?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back