Does this look like crap?

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I had posted this near the end of my other thread, but since the primary question was already answered I think I need to post here separately.
I wanted to make a gallery wrap from this picture as a gift to the Bride and groom, but I don't have much room on the edges for the 1 3/4" wrap. Dous it look weird with the corner of here dress and much of the waterfall going off the edge. I cant decide. I will just go with a framed print If the wrap does not seem to work, but I would prefer the wrap.

Not the final edit, but you get the picture.
waterfallsmall.jpg

And a screen shot from the wrap program.
Untitled-1.jpg

There is a little room for vertical movement of the photo, but thats it side to side.

Thanks for your opinions,
Ryan

They wanted the waterfall and landscaping in the background; Its the same spot where the ceremony was.

Hm, I guess the question was not, whether to use this photograph, but rather if the wrap works.
Well, I'd say wrap or no, the couple is completely lost in this photograph, there is too much space (as has been mentioned before) and there is so much going on in the background, it completely distracts from the subject of the photograph.
Mind you, I am not a wedding photographer, but I'd have gone for a simpler background and I'd probably have used a smaller f-number to seperate the couple from the background.
Well, I guess that's not of so much use for you now...if you want to use that picture, maybe you should crop it!?

Edit: alright, just read the ongoing dialogue, well, if they want it, then keep it, yes!

Hm, I guess the question was not, whether to use this photograph, but rather if the wrap works.
Well, I'd say wrap or no, the couple is completely lost in this photograph, there is too much space (as has been mentioned before) and there is so much going on in the background, it completely distracts from the subject of the photograph.
Mind you, I am not a wedding photographer, but I'd have gone for a simpler background and I'd probably have used a smaller f-number to seperate the couple from the background.
Well, I guess that's not of so much use for you now...if you want to use that picture, maybe you should crop it!?

Edit: alright, just read the ongoing dialogue, well, if they want it, then keep it, yes!

I agree entirely.

can you clone some background to streatch the left side so it it cloned on the edge and the full bride on the front? (if thats even possible.

I think they will love it what ever you do though.

Also I was just a guest at the wedding, But I agree there is a lot going on, they would certainly be lost in a small print, but I think a 16x24 will be alright. If I had the chance I would have wanted to stand further to the right and get the waterfall more behind them, but unfortunately, this was the only chance I had, without stepping on the toes of the hired tog.

Oh Id have pushed the hired guy out of the way. :lol:
The thigh that drives me nuts is the backround is so damn dark and, yet so busy. I dont think there is much you can do with the wrap truthfully.

I would bring out the colour in all those great colours in the dark area of the photo. Also the wrap will blunt the train of her dress, I would frame it. But it just another opinion, just my thoughts.

So if I'm reading this right, the B&G really like this photo and want it printed. Fair enough, but is there any chance you could maybe work a little magic in PP. To be honest, they look like they have been caught in the headlights. I realize there are many things at work here with the busy backgound and such, but the B&G seem overexposed.

A couple of things if you should ever get the chance again. 1: IF there is something that the B&G want to highlight in the background try haveing them face in that direction. 2: When doing a B&G shot you want all of the dress in the shot.

Another thing that might help is that the way they are posed the bride looks to be overpowering the groom, having her seated and him standing would help this.

But as you were just a guest and couldn't pose them yourself, I think you did pretty good. Do try and clone some on the right to bring the whole dress onto the front plane of the wrap though- may work, may not. You might try to take some of the shine off of their skin- just the barest hint though or you'll muddy the dress.

I posted in your other thread about the wrap (I suggested using Bay Photo ROES). I think that since you're uncomfortable about the edge of the dress wrapping, you may want to consider getting a canvas stretch instead. (Get the giclee, not the standard). Its canvas stretched over a wooden frame, and its less expensive than the gallery wrap, and its totally gorgeous. It has the same sort of three dimensionality, but without wrapping.
http://www.bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_giclee.htm

I posted in your other thread about the wrap (I suggested using Bay Photo ROES). I think that since you're uncomfortable about the edge of the dress wrapping, you may want to consider getting a canvas stretch instead. (Get the giclee, not the standard). Its canvas stretched over a wooden frame, and its less expensive than the gallery wrap, and its totally gorgeous. It has the same sort of three dimensionality, but without wrapping.
http://www.bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_giclee.htm

Cool thanks, Bay photo ROES was what the screen shot was from. Ill look into the stretch.

And thanks to everyone else for the comments, I'm going to do quite a bit of PP on this I think. I think that the B&G are exposed properly, well almost, but none of the details in the dress are blown out; they just look so bright compared to the background. Basically the B&G like the shot a lot more than I do, but I can see all of the technical problems, what they see is a memory of the beautiful place they got married. I think I just need to put in some photoshop time to make it as beautiful to me as they see it.

thanks for all the advice, I will go with a stretch or a framed print, in order to not loose anything. Well its off to PhotoShop I go.

Ryan

Edit; I think that I have a colorspace issue between photoshop and the web, I fix it later, but the saturation is way off in what I posted.

...] I wanted to make a gallery wrap from this picture [...]

Untitled-1.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but, pray, what is a "gallery wrap" for? To wrap what? An album? A stack of photo prints? Does it/do they only need wrapping the front and sides, but not the back?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back