Does this pic have any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree here. IF the OP is being serious, he saw something and tried to capture it, thought s/he was lucky that s/he got it. The condescending mocking is not necessary. A simple, "no, the photo is too flawed technically to be worth anything" would suffice without the piling on and making fun.

That said, there's also the chance that the OP is NOT serious and is trolling. IF that is the case, mockery is all good.

I'd err on the side that this s/he is being serious.

Half the people in here are not giving C&C and rather making fun of the picture.

Not cool.

That's because this is so bad we don't know what to do. I don't think anyone believes this is a serious post by the OP, but rather a drunk/high posting or his idea of humor.

Nobody takes pictures that bad and asks for opinions on them in a serious manner.

And Pugs, that's fine that you want to err to the side of caution, but some of us have been on forums for a long time and can pick out trollery very quickly. I'm not going to tell you how to conduct yourself, and I don't feel you have the right to tell anyone else how to either.

All that really matters is does it have value to you at this time. It may and in 2 months 2 yrs. it may have none.

If you are asking others if it has value to them, then that is a different question.
Value monetary? Camera club value? Calender value?

Anyway to me personally it is simply blurry and not successful, to yourself it could be successful I do not know. For me it does not tell me much about "cat" as creature or being. It doesn't show something about "cat" or "catness". But to you there could be a strong emotional connection nothing wrong with that.

The problem I see with cats in photos is they are almost instantly failures because they are cliches, like sunsets. Ok to look at but really bring forth nothing new.

The only cat images I have seen that bring anything to the table are linked here, it shows their behaviors, the light and atmosphere they live in. It is a beautiful book and probably the best investment you could make in your photography at this moment and inexpensive.

book

LOL to this guy taking it seriously.

:lmao:

I don't believe this was a serious submission for C&C. And if it was... well, you can't polish a turd.

;)

Actually the OP has a chance

Mythbusters: Polishing a Turd : Video : Discovery Channel

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's because this is so bad we don't know what to do. I don't think anyone believes this is a serious post by the OP, but rather a drunk/high posting or his idea of humor.

Nobody takes pictures that bad and asks for opinions on them in a serious manner.

And Pugs, that's fine that you want to err to the side of caution, but some of us have been on forums for a long time and can pick out trollery very quickly. I'm not going to tell you how to conduct yourself, and I don't feel you have the right to tell anyone else how to either.

I didn't tell anyone how to conduct themselves. I just said that I thought it was ot necessary. I think it's poor form. I also KNOW that without mod authority, I can't mandate, dictate, enforce behavior. I gave an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less.

im just gonna pretend like i didnt see this as a thread:thumbup:

PUGS, ive yet to disagree with you on a thread until this one. The original pic is wack

I think this was the first time I've literally LOL'ed at something on here...

I can't tell if this is serious, but this is the funniest post I've ever seen... Hahah. But you guys are so mean.

Just keep trying man, Rome wasn't built in a day!
Oh, and I don't exactly see the 'S' here.... :lmao:

Oh and just an FYI, I don't think that anyone would be making fun of the guy if he asked for C&C ... It's because he asked if anyone thought this picture had value...
I'm not poking fun here, but this is a bit whack... I mean, it's one thing for a beginner, maybe with a P&S to shoot something like that, but to go on a photo forum and ask if it had value, that's why the guy isn't being taken serious... OP keep this in mind..
You're stuff will get better man, just stick with it, read up, and do your best.

*** And I think this really is real.. Look at his page.. His gallery is a picture of an apple with the sticker still on it. Just doesn't make sense..
But guys, play nice, I mean I feel for him.. I'm quite scared to post pics here for C&C myself :p

Hello, if you're still reading after all that....

Here's a tip: Next time you shoot your cat (take its photo, I mean), get down and take photos at its eye level, or lower. That'll improve your shot by 200% right there. Also try increasing the amount of available light so you can make your shutter speed faster than the 1/8 of a second you chose here. The picture will be sharper and the can't won't be blurry.

Also, I'd much prefer to be able to see the cat's eyes than see an image that tries to adhere to any strict rules of composition such as S-Curves, etc.

Good luck.

PUGS, ive yet to disagree with you on a thread until this one. The original pic is wack
Oh, it's all good. The world would be pretty boring if there wasn't disagreement. I think that people jumped all over the OP unnecessarily, but I get why it was done. In the end it's just an Internet forum, though.

Maybe some of you didn't read all the post. The op thought the pic was cool because the cats stripes continued the circle on the tile floor!
To the OP don't give up just take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Or you can just go look at some of the negative posters photos and then you want take it to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back