DoF and a mirror

I looked back to the beginning to see why you want to shoot at 1.4... If you want to do a group shot in your back yard late in the day - have people come earlier! before it gets too dark. Or do an indoor photo.

As you're losing light outdoors you can use a larger aperture and slower shutter speed up to a point, but you'd need to keep an aperture that will have everyone in focus and a shutter speed that's not too slow to avoid blur. And if you keep raising the ISO you're of course adding more and more noise to a photo... you get to the point that you're pushing or exceeding the limits of what a camera can do - because a camera is recording light.

I'm not sure how shooting a reflection in a mirror would be of any help if it's late day and you're losing light; this might be an interesting experiment but I don't think it's going to help you figure out how to do a group shot in your back yard when it's getting dark.

Sparky I think I have one of those! I have a few Spiratone and other odds and ends in my stash that I've picked up at a camera swap etc. but haven't necessarily used. Guess I'd have to go do some spying...

if he positions the mirror correctly, maybe he can reflect the sunlight to his back yard.

problem solved

:)

the real question is, if you use a security mirror (see through). and shoot from behind the mirror and focus on the subjects, do they actually exist and is the mirror fooling you ?

They already do that sort of thing in the far northern part of the hemisphere.

Oh sure - but apparently if you want a trip to Narnia you still have to buy a wardrobe. Rotten purists.. lol

You don't need a wardrobe, just one of those free TPF T-shirts or Robes.

Speaking of the free TPF robes....where's my damned free robe order, Robbins.Photo? I payed $14 for 3-day air shipping, and my danged robe's still not here yet! And it's been like a WEEK! Man...your order fulfilment SUCKS!

Oh sure - but apparently if you want a trip to Narnia you still have to buy a wardrobe. Rotten purists.. lol

Speaking of the free TPF robes....where's my damned free robe order, Robbins.Photo? I payed $14 for 3-day air shipping, and my danged robe's still not here yet! And it's been like a WEEK! Man...your order fulfilment SUCKS!

Oh sorry, slight miscommunication. The $14 you paid was for order enlightenment, not order fulfillment. We would like to take this opportunity to enlighten you on the fact that your order is not going to be fulfilled. See, win win. Synergy. Problem solved. NEXT!

Lol

Oh sorry, slight miscommunication. The $14 you paid was for order enlightenment, not order fulfillment. We would like to take this opportunity to enlighten you on the fact that your order is not going to be fulfilled. See, win win. Synergy. Problem solved. NEXT!

Lol
Ooh, I thought you shipped those Fedex or UPS .. thus it has to wait until after the Holidays.

I have read this thread as any other from Hamlet: like a novel. And happy-ended as expected: OT :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back