Dog in backyard in motion. C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our little dog LOVES to play fetch. So I thought I'd get down to her level and have my daughter throw her favorite toy. Here are the results.

1. Getting Set

PenelopeReadytogo.jpg

2. Getting up to speed

Peneloperunning.jpg

3. Cruising Along

Peneloperunning2.jpg

4. Almost there

PenelopeOntherun.jpg

5. Success!

Penelopesuccess.jpg

Nobody likes the pup?

i like 4. seems like it could use some work in post though... looks blue too

I think a flash might have helped, in that it would have picked up some of the darker areas , and allowed you to expose the natural light slightly less, keeping some of the dog's whiter hair from blowing out. I'd also probably try a bit of highlight reduction, then adding a bit of exposure in post. I'd also probably warm them up some.

I think they're all well composed though.

Seeing as there are threads on here for R/C car racing, horse jumping, frisbee golf, indoor rock climbing....I thought so. Don't like dogs?

Besides, it's a mystery. Will the dog ultimately prevail over the chew toy? Or will she fail and mope?

I'm not so sure that your dog is too blue, since she most likely isn't pure white. Overall I really like the set. Not too thrilled with picture #1 as it's more of a snap shot. Also looks really tilted as everything is leaning towards the right, yet the lawn seems level. Picture#2 has great action, and a great facial expression, but that white blob in the background is very distracting. Pictures 3 & 4 are just super. I really like both the composition, and the action. Getting down to her level really paid off big time. Picture #5 is a solid portrait, even though she's dead center it works for me of one pooped dog.

Last edited:
Seeing as there are threads on here for R/C car racing, horse jumping, frisbee golf, indoor rock climbing....I thought so. Don't like dogs?

Besides, it's a mystery. Will the dog ultimately prevail over the chew toy? Or will she fail and mope?

All those you just described are sport? lol

I guess it depends on who's playing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back