Dog Portraits C&C

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was the first time I've ever tried taking a portrait of a dog. It would be so much easier if they had done what I told them to do :lmao:

And I have cleaned up the dirt on the glass in photoshop. Hoping form C&C on composition and lighting more than anything at this point.

4711884741_bb4ebfc56e_b.jpg

4712526250_7f432c8a00_b.jpg

4712527520_19471d6d9a_b.jpg

4712523104_bfd8986596_b.jpg

A nice set of dogs you've got there!
But you got me confused with the word portraits. Would have expected headshots, but these are nice too.

I like the fact that you got down to dog level. But maybe you should have cleaned the windows, before you took your shots?;)

For 1 and 2 I would crop them a bit I think. Too much floor and window, both not very interesting. I like the poses of both dogs, although the black one is missing its tail.
I really love 4!

Thanks! These are for the lady I'm house sitting for. I thought I would get some framed shots of her babies since she doesn't have anything yet. And I wish I would have cleaned that glass first!! It was a pain PS later on lol. I'll see where the crop takes me as well. I tried a few different ones and thought these were best for a 5X7 print.

The fourth one is my favorite as well. Good thing she was laying still because it was shot at 1/5 of a second lol

Wow! That is really lying still! Even with the long exposure it is still incredibly sharp.

You might want to adjust the horizon your fourth picture. Its tilting slightly to the right. (I myself have a very heavy tilt when shooting out of hand. Always have to adjust my pictures! ;))

Most reactions

Back