D'oh! Climbed a mountain and left my memory cards at home!

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I would climb the mountain behind my house this evening and shoot some long exposures with the steelworks in the distance. Climbed with 645z plus filters, 5 lenses and a good sturdy tripod. Assembled said tripod, attached the 45 - 85 to my camera, then the Lee system. All set? Not Quite.

With beautiful light in front of me, to my horror I hadn't put my memory card back in. No memory cards in my wallet or anywhere in my bag. I'd had two in the camera but had downloaded some before leaving and not replaced it, The other 64GB card is corrupted. Bummer. So all I had left to take the photo was my iPhone.

Processed it in CS6

the-sun-sets by singingsnapper, on Flickr

It didn't post .... here it is
$14789364252_91fb825d32_b.jpg

Beautiful
next time you should try it with a dSLR :thumbup:

Excellent!! Bummer on the card though. The only thing I might change would be adding a tad more contrast in the foreground, but maybe its just my taste. Nice shot!

Total bummer! I really liked what I see in the phone picture too.

I had some similar issues, went out shooting once with my only cards 90% full with files that hadn't been backed up. Then I took off once without my battery, that time really sucked.

Been there done that. So frustrating!!!

I've never done that, but I have left a tripod on the top of a mountain before.

Ha, this hits close to home but for a different reason. Yesterday I climbed Mt Sneffels (14,100 ft) and realized I left my FitBit at home.

Thought I would climb the mountain behind my house this evening and shoot some long exposures with the steelworks in the distance. Climbed with 645z plus filters, 5 lenses and a good sturdy tripod. Assembled said tripod, attached the 45 - 85 to my camera, then the Lee system. All set? Not Quite.

With beautiful light in front of me, to my horror I hadn't put my memory card back in. No memory cards in my wallet or anywhere in my bag. I'd had two in the camera but had downloaded some before leaving and not replaced it, The other 64GB card is corrupted. Bummer. So all I had left to take the photo was my iPhone.

Processed it in CS6

the-sun-sets by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Man dies after tragic head slapping incident. Film at 11.

Ha, this hits close to home but for a different reason. Yesterday I climbed Mt Sneffels (14,100 ft) and realized I left my FitBit at home.
This would have pissed me off more than the memory card I think.

Man that sucks! I'm sharing in your misery.

I did something similar last year. I had an idea for a shot of fishermen on a pier at night, silhouetted against a giant full moon. I had a pier in mind that would line up perfectly with the moon (about an hours drive from my house), so I grabbed my 600mm FD and headed out there. Got all set up and realized I had left the adapter mount for my lens at home. D'oh!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back