I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going to wait a while to post this one, but i didn't.

As most of you well know, I love shooting with flash. I love shooting with off camera flash even more. And shooting with multiple off camera flashes....I have to bring an extra sock for that.
I think every photographer should learn flash, and the orgasmic joys of OCF. To that end, I have dug out some old lighting equipment that has long since been upgraded and and will be donating it in sets.

this first set is a pretty basic single OCF setup. A 7' light stand, adjustable flash and umbrella mount, and a 33" shoot through umbrella.
this is one of those "not too terribly expensive" kits you probably see branded under a dozen different names on ebay and amazon.
we pretty much strictly use our OCF indoors, so we haven't really needed anything super heavy duty.
admittedly, most people would say 33" is a little small for an umbrella, but once you get the hang of controlling light spillover, (not very difficult) it really is pretty effective.
(We currently use 40" umbrella boxes and 43" brolly boxes.)

I realize that most people use OCF in sets of 2 or more, but there is still quite a lot you can do with just one OCF. Hopefully this will give someone the push to try out multiple flashes off camera. The idea behind this donation is to give someone the opportunity to get their flash OFF their camera and experiment with what they can do with it when its mobile.

Been wanting to try Off Camera Flash? Money been a bit too tight for extra gear purchases? This might be the right deal for you!

This setup is FREE to a good/needy home. We will cover shipping to the Continental U.S. The cost to you for this to get to your door is zero ($0) dollars.
you must already have a flash to qualify for this donation. you do not need a radio trigger however, since there are other ways to trigger the flash.
Nikons CLS, Flash cable, etc etc...

IF you are interested, post in this thread with the camera and flash you will be using, a little bit about why you want to try off camera flash, and what you plan to shoot using it.

$P4100001.jpg

$P4100003.jpg

(For visual reference only...Flash and trigger NOT included)
$P4100005.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I could use this. I could even use it with the D90 I bought from you last year. :D Or my D3100,F5 or any of the others stashed in the closet.

I already have a Canon Speedlite 199,Nikon SB-28,SB-400 and some Cowboy Studio off camera triggers. That would complete the set. Since I am currently unemployed it would help me use my excess time constructively.

Hey my name Tisha and I'm an amateur photographer and I'm looking to get more into flash photography. I currently only shoot with natural light, and just recently got some reflectors. I do use some on camera flash, and I'm still in the process of learning to use it. My current setup is a Canon 6d with a 430exll flash. I would like to start doing some indoor portrait style photography. I think this would be great way to start learning how to use flash and get me to the next step with my photography!!

Bah did a re-read through and saw it was Nikon! Someone's gonna be super lucky :)

Last edited:
Bah did a re-read through and saw it was Nikon! Someone's gonna be super lucky :)

:scratch: ??

Unless I'm missing something here, I don't think this one's brand specific. Just the stand, flash/umbrella mount and umbrella. Recipient supplies both the flash and the camera. :D

Pix, I continue to just be astounded by your generosity. I hope someone gets this who will really use it well!

Me, I have the stands, the flash, the umbrella (though I need another of both flash and umbrella)...but I could use a donation of someone to help me understand how to better USE them. :lol:

Unless I'm missing something here, I don't think this one's brand specific. Just the stand, flash/umbrella mount and umbrella. Recipient supplies both the flash and the camera. :D

Pix, I continue to just be astounded by your generosity. I hope someone gets this who will really use it well!

Me, I have the stands, the flash, the umbrella (though I need another of both flash and umbrella)...but I could use a donation of someone to help me understand how to better USE them. :lol:

ah...
yea.
it doesn't matter what brand you use. this is strictly equipment that holds the whatever flash you want to put on there.

ah...
yea.
it doesn't matter what brand you use. this is strictly equipment that holds the whatever flash you want to put on there.

Oh well then. I'm a military wife and I've gotten most of my gear through tips I make dog grooming, being extremely frugal, and having a brother who has been into photography for longer then I have been alive. My husband helps me where he can and he's amazingly supportive. I want to expand my horizons (to that end I've just joined a photography club) and I desperately want to start shooting still life and portraits using off camera lighting. I've got my copy of Light: Science and Magic all set to go and I look through it often for ideas on what I'd like to shoot when I have the funds available to purchase my first lighting. I do have a Speedlite already and I'm excited to see what I could achieve with this set up. I would be using this with the used Canon 5D MII I picked up last year and my flash is the Canon Speedlite 430exII.

Gaaaah dangit, I knew I should have bought a flash. Oh well, good on ya as always, Jason.

Gaaaah dangit, I knew I should have bought a flash. Oh well, good on ya as always, Jason.

im in Miami most of this month for work, so you've got some time to buy a flash if you want your name in the hat!

I would love to have this. I have been wanting to try shooting with off camera flash. I would like to have this because in the next few weeks my class is required to shoot with off camera flash and of course that's something my scholarship doesn't cover. I would also like to have this because it gives me a chance to get a feel for what I would like to invest in down the road without spending money I don't have since I am a full time student. I'd be shooting with a nikon d7k and a yonguno 568! With this set up and the use of your equipment ,I would shoot not just portraits but I would shoot what ever ideas popped into my head. Being limited by my flash having to be on camera, with you letting me have your stand and umbrella the possibilities are endless! If I won I'd be more than happy to show you my progress with images along the way as well. Thanks in advance for your consideration! :)

This is my first post on this forum. I recently made a username a few days ago but I've been watching the forum for awhile. The names Rudy and I'm 24 years young. Recently moved to Florida from NJ. Got engaged in December so I've had to put some things for sale in order to really save for our future. Luckily I refused to sell my camera lol. I was going to purchase a 6d but held off and stuck with my t3i. I have a 2 canon 430exii speed lites. I trigger them with the flash on the t3i. Ever since moving to Florida I haven't taken many pictures since we've been busy with work. I've wanted an umbrella but never pulled the trigger (no pun intended). I'd be using it primarily for family portraits. Thank you for generosity!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey Pixmedic,
My name is (wait for it, wait for it) Fitzgerald Pfeffer, (yep thats my first name, imagine going thru life with two last names) I would love to throw myself into the ring for this one. I recently started shooting Portrait and can really use an off camera flash set up. I was shooting Macro, and decided to use my 105micro for portraits. I have a 7year old Daughter and 2year old son that I am constantly posing in different natural light situations searching for the perfect shot (they are getting tired of me, I don't blame them) I am self teaching, courses right now are not in the budget
I Currently shoot a Nikon D90 and I have a Nikon SB600
Thanks for the consideration
Fitz

Well.... to not sound needy, I have been looking to buy a small setup like this to go with my YN 560 I just bought.

I bought the flash in hopes to learn the ins and outs of flash photography.

I would love the stand and umbrella, but I understand there are several other people wanting this.

I wish I was a part of more forums that did these types of things, it's a very thoughtful gesture

Most reactions

Back