I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Up for grabs today is a Nikon Nikkor 135mm f/3.5 AI fixed focal lens.
The lens is in excellent shape. glass is clean, no scratches, haze, or fungus. everything works fine.
there IS some very minor wear on the barrel and slide out lens hood. (see pics)
You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or waranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.
and now for the fine print...

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having a sigma or tamron and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (im a stickler on this one, sorry)
4: you must have at least TWO months in as a member of this Forum

Although this is not the f/2.8 or F/2 lens, It is a very capable portrait lens.
its an Oldie but a Goodie.
To be considered for this lens, please reply to this listing with your declaration of "needing this lens", an honest gear list, and what you would like to use this lens for. thank you.

-Jason

Last edited:
Bump for this... I have the f/2.8 version of this lens and these are truly gems and one of the best lenses Nikon ever made. Someone will be getting a wonderful lens in this . Pixmedic is doing awesome stuff :)

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. Can't say I have any great reason for it, just would like to have it so if someone more needy or worthy wants it by all means hand it to them. I have a 70-200 2.8 but it's not something I'd like to lug around all day. I'd probably be using the 135 for working on my portrait skills with my family and friends families (currently using a 50 1.4 for portraits) and would be more than happy to donate again when I've gained enough experience with it to move on. As for bodies I have a D60 and a D800. Thanks for your consideration.

I don't want it...but I really appreciate how you guys give stuff away sometimes. Very good of you.

Very kind of you. Though I do not "need" this, it'd be fun having a lens that my camera won't meter with to tinker. Plus all I have is a 18-55 and 50 lol. Too broke to afford a telephoto.

Good luck to whoever gets it!

would like to wrap this one up this week. so if you want in, post in this thread.

I would like to be considered for this lens. I own a D300 and have 50mm 1.8, 35mm 1.8, 11-16mm 2.8 and of course the 18-55/55-200 kit lens. I have been experimenting with portraiture, and would welcome a new lens to work with.

Not to sound greedy, but I would like to be considered for this. Both my son and I would enjoy this lens.
As mentioned in the Vivitar 28mm donation, Jeremy is a freshman at DCAD and has my 18-135 kit lens (his 18-55 broke).

Me: D40, N90S; AF 24mm f/2.8, AF 50mm f/1.8, AI-S 105mm f/4 micro.
Jeremy: D40, F90; AF 35-80mm f/4-5.6, AF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6.

I would love to be considered! My gear consists of a d90, 50 1.8 and 35. 1.8. I would love this longer focal length to use for portraiture and league soccer games! Thanks for your consideration!!

Last edited:
I would also love to be considered. I have a D3100 with a 50mm AI a 10.5 fisheye that I am currently trying to sell, and a Tamron 10-24. I love taking pictures of my pets but all of them are too skiddish to let me get close enough with any of my lenses, and I am also starting to get some portrait shots.

I've got a friend in high school that doesn't have an income but is really interested in photography. She doesn't need autofocus and this would be a great portrait lens for her.

tough decisions on this one, as more people were interested that I was expecting. After some deliberation, we have decided to donate this lens to snowbear for his Son starting College. this will be a great lens to compliment his film camera, and if he is taking any photography classes, it will get well used. Congratulations snowbear and son.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back