*DONATING* Nikon 135mm f/3.5 AI *EX*

Congrat's Snowbear! The 135 is a nice focal length. I used mine quite often on my F2's.

We thank you! Yes, Jeremy is attending his first semester at the Delaware College of Art and Design as a photo major. He enjoys shooting film, and is looking forward to taking the photo classes at DCAD - they have a great darkroom.

Again, thank you, both.

Congrat's Snowbear! The 135 is a nice focal length. I used mine quite often on my F2's.
Thank you.

He will really enjoy the lenses. For his High School graduation, I gave him the F90 he "borrowed" through High School. He really enjoys working with film.

Film is great fun. There's nothing quite like watching your image appear in the developing tray. I'd love to get back into it myself, but then I think of my space restrictions for a permanent DR and having to get all supplies and film through mail order...meh...I just grab the digital and sit at the PC. Who knows...maybe someday

DCAD has a great darkroom - 14 or 15 enlarger stations IIRC. When we went on the tour, I was ready to sign up myself ;)
I took a three photo classes in college a couple of years ago (I graduated 2010), two being film - I loved it. I know what you mean on space restrictions - we're in an apartment. Negatives would be easy enough, but I couldn't do prints.

Yeah, and if you are just going to scan the neg's anyway...well...to me it kind'a defeats the purpose.

Wait, has Snowbears son been a member for two months? ;)
Congratulations, hope your son enjoys the lens and has fun at school. Make sure he posts some pics on here for us.

Thanks, all. Lazy_lobster (Jeremy) is really looking forward to getting the lenses. He hangs out on other websites, but I'm trying to get him to sign on here.

They have arrived, safe and sound.

Unfortunately, I had to take Lazy_lobster back to school this morning, since he had classes this afternoon. He is back home every other weekend (coinciding with paydays!) but he may be down this weekend. If not, he'll definitely get them on the 19th. I guess it won't do any harm to test them for him ;)

test away. looking forward to the results! Hopefully your son will be pleased.

Initial test on the D40 as expected - they work fine in manual, since there's no way for the body to adjust the aperture. He'll have to guess at the metering but with it being digital, it's not a big deal - the same is true for my AI-S 105. The N90s does meter with them, but (again, as expected) manual mode only. Since he is comfortable with manual, he'll be fine.

I'll post a shot of him with the lenses when he gets them.

Jeremy has his lenses! He came home this weekend instead of next (just as well with the storm coming). he is happy with them and will certainly put them to good use.

Again, we want to thank pixmedic for his generosity. Jeremy agrees that when he decides to replace these with something newer, he will give them to someone else whom is starting out.

$DSC_2879.jpg

Very cool, I find it awesome the members of this board do this! Paying it forward so to say

Most reactions

New Topics

Back