Donating! Soligor 80-200 f/3.8 AI for Nikon

Oooo been looking to do more macro stuff and this seems like a good lens to try that out.

Gear list:
riding crop
2 ball gags...Whoops wrong list

Macro lens may still be applicable for implied application.

Oooo been looking to do more macro stuff and this seems like a good lens to try that out.

Gear list:
riding crop
2 ball gags...Whoops wrong list

nikon d300
50mm
35mm
10-24mm
70-300mm
Battery grip thing
A Bag
some stands and boxes
Wizzzardy

I dont think this is a "real" macro lens. it only does 1:3.8 as it stands. (or so it says on the barrel)
if that seems sufficient for your needs with the ball gag and riding crop....i will put your name in the hat.
also, i have NO idea what the secondary aperture setting is for. (see pic 4)

so..maybe I should have noticed this earlier, but I didn't so...here it is now.
as you might notice by the pictures I took...where it says macro on the barrel, it goes from 1:3.8 to 1:6.
the TOP of the lens shows it as 80-200 1:3.8.
but, the aperture ring goes to f/2.8
I cant find anything on Google on a soligor 80-200 f/2.8 so, someone is own their own with this one. with no electronics, i cant see what the camera is saying it is.
if anyone is familiar with this guy, I would sure be interested in some information on it.
whatever the case may be, anyone who has put in for it, or was thinking about it, can adjust their interest accordingly.

I am game for experimentation!

finally off shift!
Bump for Nap!
also, please read updated OP for highlighted segments and adjust your interest for this lens accordingly.

You've got me even more interested now! Would love to experiment.

probably the last bump.
i am on shift tomorrow, so i will probably wrap this up Saturday.
last call peoples!

anyone that expressed interest, but did NOT include their gear list per the OP, this is your last chance to make the appropriate changes or risk disqualification!

couple quick pics at 80mm and 200mm on my D7000.
focus assist works great, but shes not as tight as she used to be.
being an old push/pull, the barrel DOES slip a little if you have the lens pointed down.
at 80mm, its easy enough to rotate and hold on the green dot, but at 200mm, its a little shakier.
with live view you can see the light change as you change apertures on the lens.
these were all shot with the aperture ring set at 2.8
still no friggen idea with the second aperture dial is for.

View attachment 51537
View attachment 51538
View attachment 51539

My first post has been edited, I am still very interested in this mysterious 80-200mm ?/2.8 lens!

Sent from my iPhone

I would like to be added to the bunch so I can finally try taking some macro shots!

I would love to be considered for the lens. I am new at this and will try anything once, as long as it doesn't hurt, much. hehehehe

well, I drug this one out a little longer than i had originally planned.
unfortunately, personal stuff plus work got in the way of my obligations here on the forum, and I apologize for that.

anyways....
this was a bit of a tough call as there was more interest in this lens than expected.
Thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to read through the OP and its subsequent edits, and tailored the information in their post accordingly.
This is a great focal range and a fast lens, albeit a manual focus one.
there appeared to be quite a few people lacking this focal range, and even some interested in the lenses somewhat limited macro capabilities.
the decision on who to give this to has taken a few days, but me and the wife have finally agreed on a recipient.
although everyone who was interested in this lens would have given it a good home, we only have one to donate....until i go digging through the closet again.
Also, thanks goes out to Derrel for posting some interesting information on this lens, as well as pointing out the AI-S notch.

So, without further adieu,
This peculiar lens will be going to Dinardy.
we did note that Dinardy does not have any zoom lenses, and he already has one manual focus lens with his 50mm AI, so he should acclimate well to a push/pull manual focus lens.
congratulations Dinardy!
we hope to see some pictures from you soon.

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. pixmedic! I don't win things very often so this is a really awesome deal for me.
After a long night with a teething One year old, this has really brightened up my shadowed eyes!

I will break this thing in good for a second, or third time once it arrives! and a corresponding thread will be started when I get a good set together

Again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to expand my skill, knowledge and art by providing me with this awesome and (*free*) tool from the depths of your overly generous closet. May the good Karma pour over your souls.

What you Two are doing here is incredible, in which am sure will go down in the history books of TPF.

I have sent out a PM... (or two) with my full information.

I leave you with my best'est regards :-{),
Andy Jones

Most reactions

New Topics

Back