Donating some extra stuff I don't need (umbrellas, lightstand)

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have three 43" gold umbrellas and two smaller umbrellas, a 33" gold and a 27" silver.

I have one low end light 72" lightstand... that would be ok for flash, but I wouldn't put a monolight on it. (it does include an umbrella flash adapter)

Donating to anyone that wants them... but you have to explain why you want it.. and how you intend to use. Just a short blurb.. no long paragraphs needed. (REQUIREMENTS : that you already OWN a camera... and preferably have a flash)

I will consider what you write and divvy the stuff up based on that. Next weekend will be the deadline. I will cover shipping within the continental US. These are not worth shipping elsewhere.

I will do the lightstand, umbrella adapter and one 43" umbrella to someone that is wanting to try using this type of gear, and currently doesn't have any! Or I might consider someone who wants to move from one light source to two light sources... lets see what happens.

NON-BUSINESSES ONLY... Professionals SHOULD just buy their gear, after all... they make money from it.

Last edited:
Hey,

I could use the lightstand. I would use with my 580 EXII or 430 EXII. I am just getting into portraiture and would use to hold one of those speedlights while shooting. My goal is to be able to do family portraits. Currently I have one lightstand and have set my other flash up on something close, but without being able to have it at the height I want, the ligthing isn't ideal. Thanks for the consideration and your generosity.

Hey,

I could use the lightstand. I would use with my 580 EXII or 430 EXII. I am just getting into portraiture and would use to hold one of those speedlights while shooting. My goal is to be able to do family portraits. Currently I have one lightstand and have set my other flash up on something close, but without being able to have it at the height I want, the ligthing isn't ideal. Thanks for the consideration and your generosity.

Are you using umbrellas? If so, what do you have?

Hey,

I do have a white umbrella. I'm not sure on the dimensions off hand. As i mentioned, I really am JUST begininng on portrait photography/trying to learn it. I have 2 speedlights, which I read in a portrait book is useful, but only 1 stand as of now until I obtain the next. I can get you more info tonight once I'm done with work / return from the valentines day extravaganza with the female.

Hi I would like to start off by saying thank you for being kind and offering this whoever gets it is lucky So thanks. I would like to put my name in the pot as I have no light stands or umbrellas I am being asked more and more for pet portraits and my job at a salon really wants me to take before and after shots and it would be nice to control the light better for those as well. right now my husband is my light stand and I have a sheet as a diffuser would like to try out some real gear and move up from the use what I got homemade stuff I have one flash now a Polaroid pl144-az. Again even if I am not chosen thanks [h=1][/h]

Donating to anyone that wants them... but you have to explain why you want it.. and how you intend to use. Just a short blurb.. no long paragraphs needed.

Aww, Charlie...you *know* I can't even say "hello" in a short blurb. :lmao:

This is a cool thing you're doing. I could certainly use some of it, as I still intend to start working on my portrait skills (which are currently non-existent) come this spring--but I'm not gonna throw my name in the hat; I'll let others benefit from your generosity here.

Now, if you wanna donate that little lens you picked up recently on CL to me...600mm, wasn't it? But I'm not greedy, I'd take it even if was only 400 or 500. :D

Here's to ya Charlie :cheers:

I have three 43" gold umbrellas and two smaller umbrellas, a 33" gold and a 27" silver.

I have one low end light 72" lightstand... that would be ok for flash, but I wouldn't put a monolight on it. (it does include an umbrella flash adapter)

Donating to anyone that wants them... but you have to explain why you want it.. and how you intend to use. Just a short blurb.. no long paragraphs needed.

I will judge what you write and divvy the stuff up based on that. Next weekend will be the deadline. I will cover shipping within the continental US. These are not worth shipping elsewhere.

I will do the lightstand, umbrella adapter and one 43" umbrella to someone that is wanting to try using this type of gear, and currently doesn't have any! Or I might consider someone who wants to move from one light source to two light sources... lets see what happens.

I would fall into the final sentence of your quote.I've recently been dabbling in off camera flash.I have the Promaster 7500,and figured out the commander mode,as well as the HSS (Auto FP)I don't want to step on any toes,but I would like to throw my name in the hat.I have neither umbrellas,or stands.

Aww, Charlie...you *know* I can't even say "hello" in a short blurb. :lmao:

This is a cool thing you're doing. I could certainly use some of it, as I still intend to start working on my portrait skills (which are currently non-existent) come this spring--but I'm not gonna throw my name in the hat; I'll let others benefit from your generosity here.

Now, if you wanna donate that little lens you picked up recently on CL to me...600mm, wasn't it? But I'm not greedy, I'd take it even if was only 400 or 500. :D

hahaha.. you mean the Tokina 300 2.8? I did some testing with it.. and decided to send it back. Have a Nikon 300 F4 coming in to replace it. I can't afford to donate those toys, lol!

Hey,

I do have a white umbrella. I'm not sure on the dimensions off hand. As i mentioned, I really am JUST begininng on portrait photography/trying to learn it. I have 2 speedlights, which I read in a portrait book is useful, but only 1 stand as of now until I obtain the next. I can get you more info tonight once I'm done with work / return from the valentines day extravaganza with the female.

You are in running... :)

Hi I would like to start off by saying thank you for being kind and offering this whoever gets it is lucky So thanks. I would like to put my name in the pot as I have no light stands or umbrellas I am being asked more and more for pet portraits and my job at a salon really wants me to take before and after shots and it would be nice to control the light better for those as well. right now my husband is my light stand and I have a sheet as a diffuser would like to try out some real gear and move up from the use what I got homemade stuff I have one flash now a Polaroid pl144-az. Again even if I am not chosen thanks

Anyone shooting "professionally" (i.e. taking money) needs better gear than this.... and should just buy some. This is fine for beginners just learning, but not really what I would call appropriate for real "work". We'll see... ;)

Charlie, I could use the stand and the 43' umbrella. I would use them in combination with my speed light and use my other stand for my reflector. The 43 is bigger than the 33 that I currently have and will help even out the portrait lighting.

Most reactions

Back