I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
An EX condition Zeiss Ikon Contaflex 35mm camera. Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 lens.
everything works on this camera, even the shutter timer. aperture and shutter ring are smooth. camera is very clean.
VERY little wear on this camera. you can see just a little wear on the back (see pictures) other than that, this baby is near show quality!
Shes heavy, but a beautiful camera. I don't shoot film myself, but I have a great appreciation for the elegance of older cameras. As much as I love looking at this one, its time to let her go to someone that will use her again. Honestly, i really don't know much about this camera, and if a few of our film veterans that are very older camera savvy would like to weigh in on this, i would appreciate it. I realize shes not a Leica or a Hassy, so there may be limited interest in this, but she really is a nice workhorse camera.

most of you already know how the donations go.
(ALL rules and criteria are subject to me and my wife's discretion and may be changed and/or the donation cancelled at any time for any dumb old reason)

camera is FREE to good home (shipping is on us)
If interested, post HERE with your current film camera setup and why you want this camera.
(PM's and Emails may or may not get considered) [(probably not)]

View attachment 38903View attachment 38904View attachment 38905
View attachment 38906View attachment 38907View attachment 38908
View attachment 38909View attachment 38910View attachment 38913

so..there she is folks. if you are smitten by her simplistic and elegant charm, post here to be taken into consideration.
I also have a leather case that was from a larger film camera, but the zeiss fits in there. I'll throw it in just because i have nothing better to do with it.
plus, it may be a bonus if you already have a camera it will fit properly on. Good luck, and I hope to see this one in a new loving home soon.

-Jason and Wife

Nice PM! Very nice condition.

There was a time when I would have driven to Florida and robbed you while you were putting the fire out that I lit in your car, but today I'm afraid my closet is full.
She sure is pretty though.

Ooohh...... I did a double take when I saw this listing. I have a possibly somewhat earlier version of this camera (I think there are 4 variations of it) that I got at an area camera shop whose owner was retiring and going out of business - and they must have dug up years' worth of old camera equipment.

Anyway mine is no longer in working condition and I've debated at times if I'd try to tinker with it (as they are supposedly difficult to repair) or try to have it worked on, but I've also thought about getting another one someday. I collect vintage cameras and enjoy finding them in working condition to be able to use them. I even have the telephoto lens (teleskop) and bracket to attach it (those little pieces being what's hard to find usually). It is a beautiful little camera.

I am not familiar with how donations are done as I'm somewhat new to the board but I'm interested in finding out how it works. I'm heading out shortly so I'll check back (maybe not til tomorrow) but I look forward to your response. Thanks for your consideration.

Your fine for being considered. If you want, you can search and look through some of my other donation threads if you want to see how they went.

Awsome!

I have an Edixa (something?) that is broken down to the point where I can't use it, without getting slivers of metal from the film-advancer-lever. I reallly like film, and have pretty much given up on digital stuff, probably because my inner-hipster is expressing itself!

Thanks Jason, I'll do that.

Wow, this is amazing. Only two people interested in a free Contaflex. Darn shame where photography has gone. This was a well made all metal, German machine with CZ glass. Now it's plastic and replace it every 5 years to keep up with technology.

Wow, this is amazing. Only two people interested in a free Contaflex. Darn shame where photography has gone. This was a well made all metal, German machine with CZ glass. Now it's plastic and replace it every 5 years to keep up with technology.

Well, ill give it some more time and see what happens. Hopefully it will get a few bites. It is a very nice camera, and i hear the glass is good too

I'm just an old guy from an old school, but CZ glass was the lens to have. I had a Pancolor on my Exacka that was so sharp you could cut yourself using it. Hopefully it goes to a good home where it will be used an not sit on a shelf.

I'm just an old guy from an old school, but CZ glass was the lens to have. I had a Pancolor on my Exacka that was so sharp you could cut yourself using it. Hopefully it goes to a good home where it will be used an not sit on a shelf.

Hopefully. Im tempted to run a roll of film through it just to see how it does. Its a tank of a camera. Its pretty heavy for its size. All that metal I guess. I have little to no interest in shooting film... I just love how they look and feel. Are you SURE your closet is full rick?

...i can't help but think that would make a fine accent for your own studio.

Hopefully. Im tempted to run a roll of film through it just to see how it does. Its a tank of a camera. Its pretty heavy for its size. All that metal I guess. I have little to no interest in shooting film... I just love how they look and feel. Are you SURE your closet is full rick?

2 Bronica's
RB67
3.25x4.25 Crown Graphic
Baby Crown 23
4x5 Caumet C400
4 F2's

This is what I still have after I sold my Linhof, Rollei and Mamiya 330 and 220

Now we move on to lenses, motor drives, filers, and darkroom equipment

Yep, pretty full...:lol:

Last edited:
Well I'd still be interested... as I said in my previous post I picked up a Contaflex at a local camera shop when it was closing but it's no longer functoning to be able to use it. I've done a little camera repair like replacing a mirror bumper but don't have the skills yet to do more extensive repair to tackle this one. I have the Teleskop attachment for it that's looking for a camera to attach itself to! so it's something that I've kept an eye out for a replacement.

Darkroom equipment... I'm acquiring my own after years of using a shared darkroom and I'm already way beyond a closet!

Most reactions

Back