DONATING Zeiss Ikon Contaflex

Donating lenses is the kindest thing you could do for your fellow photographer and you deserve to be commended non-stop for what you've been doing.

Unfortunately, giving away a collectible camera like this one is not an act of kindness but a sin. Your spot in heaven is no longer guaranteed.

Donating lenses is the kindest thing you could do for your fellow photographer and you deserve to be commended non-stop for what you've been doing.

Unfortunately, giving away a collectible camera like this one is not an act of kindness but a sin. Your spot in heaven is no longer guaranteed.

I agree with you 100%. but it isnt for the reason you said.

I doubt the camera is better off wasting away in my closet than going to someone who will actually use it. much like a dog in a shelter. the shelter may love the dog, but they still want to see it go to a good home.

Fair enough.

Say hi to Beelzebub for me :lol:

you got a good film soul. maybe you could provide a good home for the contaflex?
I could, and I appreciate being considered, but I don't fit two of the requirements: I'm in Canada, and I don't shoot film (I'm just a collector). If you don't find anybody to give this beauty a new life, by all means feel free to dump it on me – my shelf will be ecstatic.

Fair enough.

Say hi to Beelzebub for me :lol:

you got a good film soul. maybe you could provide a good home for the contaflex?
I could, and I appreciate being considered, but I don't fit two of the requirements: I'm in Canada, and I don't shoot film (I'm just a collector). If you don't find anybody to give this beauty a new life, by all means feel free to dump it on me – my shelf will be ecstatic.

Well, i dont have anything against Canadians... My wife is from canada.
For you, we would overlook your location. I'll keep the thread up a bit longer and see who chimes in. Im not against collectors, I just really would like it to go to someone who has fairly decent working knowledge of the camera. Especially someone knowledgeable enough to give her a good CLA. She deserves it.

Oh my. Brings back such memories. Used one and also a kamiya c330 while in high school. 1971

Jason, I've enjoyed your sense of humor (things going bump in the night!). If nothing else this thread got me interested in looking up info. about the Contaflex. In the process I found that an area camera store actually has one in working condition and one for parts which should suit my needs.

So I think I'll withdraw my name from consideration. Good luck weth your efforts in finding cameras new homes.

Hello Pixmedic,
I would definitely like to be considered for this. I have a love for German film cameras, and this would be a great addition! 35mm is perfect for me, because it is all I use to shoot. Right now my favorite camera to use is a Praktica LTL3, another great German camera. I've been really wanting to get something with the name "Zeiss" on it. For a while now I have been looking to find a Zeiss lens or camera, but most seem to be way out of my price range. So this donation makes for a perfect opportunity to try and get something from an excellent camera company. This looks to be a great sized camera, so it would make a nice fit in my dorm room. So far, I don't have anything like this, nor anything this cool. Thanks again for all of your donations. I'm looking forward to hearing about the recipient!
-Nick

This is amazing. Too bad I'm in Canada. :(

Seriously guys? There's only like 3-4 people that are actually interested in this? Man, people must really hate film.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind being considered for this. First SLR I used was a film camera back in high school in a photography class (taking and developing pics, and everything in between). I had fun with it, and I'm sure it'll force me to compose better since it's a get it right or not type of deal with film (unless you don't mind spending on buying film and having it developed).

I am supremely interested in this camera. I have a Minolta x370s with a 35-70mm lens and I have been looking for something different. I would love to give it a home, so please count me in as a possible owner! :hail:

I gave one of these to a kid at church and she's still using it.

I kind of miss it but I'm more likely to take my F3 or Contax llla (or my little Ikonta) when shooting 135.

That lens is No Slouch either.

I would love to have it but I have no experience in film!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back