I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I try to keep all my extra stuff sorted by mount rather than by brand.
I ran across a box labeled Canon FD, and found these.
I think these will be the next few lenses we donate, and all of them are in EX condition with minty glass.
(haven't shown Canon shooters any love lately)
in order of appearance from left to right...Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 - Vivitar 80-200 f/4 - Sigma 75-200 f/2.8-3.5 macro
All are in Canon FD mount, manual focus lenses obviously, in perfect working condition.
I haven't decided which lenses will be donated in what order yet, but I might do an eenie meenie miney mo later.
if anyone shows interest in one particular lens, I might start with that one. I hope to have the official donation thread up later today, pending a post shift nap. only one lens will be donated at a time. So, without further adieu, here they are. apologies for the sub-par P&S pics.
the sigma might go last, unless i wake up and decide to start with that one.
the prime seems like a good lens to go in the middle, but would also be a good starter. or ender.
This makes the other Vivitar obviously going in whatever spot is left over.
Geez im tired. nows a good time to go dig out your old canon AE-1's, or your FD-EF adapters people!

View attachment 52159

Last edited:
Damn! I finally see Canon and get a little excited! But then I notice they are 200mm and I already have 2 (one new and one Vivitar FD mount)... Then I realized I'm out of your shipping range anyway so now I'm no longer excited ;)
I will say my Vivitar is a pretty cool lens and these are nice ranges for those looking to start reaching further, enjoy!

I don't have an adapter at this time, but if I had a reason to get one, I would. The 200 prime is catching my eye for some reason.

I don't have an adapter at this time, but if I had a reason to get one, I would. The 200 prime is catching my eye for some reason.

I have zero complaints about my fotodiox adapter hint hint ;) that's the one that made me perk up too ;)

Damn! I finally see Canon and get a little excited! But then I notice they are 200mm and I already have 2 (one new and one Vivitar FD mount)... Then I realized I'm out of your shipping range anyway so now I'm no longer excited ;)
I will say my Vivitar is a pretty cool lens and these are nice ranges for those looking to start reaching further, enjoy!

sorry I was not able to excite you for a longer period of time...happens to the best of us occasionally.

Unfortunately, the problem with shipping to Canada isn't a matter of willingness, but a matter of it costing 4 times as much as flat rate shipping to the US (even Alaska)
up to 20 lbs flat rate to Canada is $41.

I have zero complaints about my fotodiox adapter hint hint ;) that's the one that made me perk up too ;)

Thanks PR, that would have been another thread for me (what adapter to get).

sorry I was not able to excite you for a longer period of time...happens to the best of us occasionally.

Unfortunately, the problem with shipping to Canada isn't a matter of willingness, but a matter of it costing 4 times as much as flat rate shipping to the US (even Alaska)

Sometimes a little excitement is all we need ;) Especially when we are only half a coffee into the day lol
Totally understandable! I've cursed shipping more often than not! Many people who live near the border get a PO box and get stuff shipped there then go across to pick it up, we thought about doing that but we live too far away for it to be viable.

Sometimes a little excitement is all we need ;) Especially when we are only half a coffee into the day lol
Totally understandable! I've cursed shipping more often than not! Many people who live near the border get a PO box and get stuff shipped there then go across to pick it up, we thought about doing that but we live too far away for it to be viable.

well, this thread is just to test the waters and see if there is even any interest in these guys. Canon FD lenses have a habit of just sitting around forever. seems that the older Nikon glass gets more love than older Canon glass. I think its the fact that you need an adapter for the Canon lenses. Either way, I'll see what interest is stirred up here and go from there. worst case, they just go back to their banishment in the closet.

This is true, it's unfortunate that old Canon glass isn't as viable as Nikon is because of the adapter required, I don't have complaints with mine, I knew the limitations before I bought it and really it's not a huge deal. I'm sure that many people are missing out on some great glass because they think the image will be so degraded it isn't worth it which in my experience is not the case! I hope these go to new homes it would be a shame for them to be relegated back to the closet!

im rather partial to primes myself.

im rather partial to primes myself.

I don't have one yet, but was thinking of getting a nifty-fifty today before I go to the lake or wait to get an 85mm.

I should have bought the 85 before I bought my strobe. (still regretting that.)

nah, flash is one of the most important accessories you can get for your camera.
come on, you KNOW you want one of these sexy lenses...I need to make room in the closet for the wife's quilting supplies.

I should have bought the 85 before I bought my strobe. (still regretting that.)

nah, flash is one of the most important accessories you can get for your camera.
come on, you KNOW you want one of these sexy lenses...I need to make room in the closet for the wife's quilting supplies.

Oh, I'm happy with my flash, but I should have gotten that first. ;). Like I said, I'd take that 200mm prime but I want to be fair about things. As I stated, I don't have the adapter but would for sure get one.

Most reactions

Back