Doncha just love it when....

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...you've ordered something on-line and completely forgotten about it? Two things arrived today that had completely slipped my mind.

First, I had ordered 3x 4GB Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards and a firewire card reader from Andorama. I used normal 3-5 day shipping. Now that's like 3 1/2 bills I dropped and you would think it to be high on my watch list. I have had distractions lately. :lol: (BTW Andorama is tacking an additional 10% to the Sandisk rebate scheme going on, I'll be getting back (credited) $165USD. FYI)

Secondly today, I finally received my "appreciation package" from one of our local college radio stations that I supported in their Spring fund raiser this year. They have one of the, if not the, best blues show I've heard every Friday, Sunday and now Thursday nights. Big shout out to WSHA 88.9FM in Raleigh. They also have some good jazz and world music too.

Yesterday I got a bonus for one of my photos. This is going to be a good week.

How about you?

No big surprises in the mail for me, Kundalini. This is so because I simply don't have the funds to even order ANYTHING online for me.
The kids are eagerly waiting for something they ordered online for themselves (clothes), but they are far from having forgotten about it, so it is not going to arrive as a pleasant surprise...

My latest surprise came to me at the end of April when my submission to the local photo contest won again - while I had only handed it in so my friend would not say "Why have I not seen any submission of YOURS among the photos for April?" That was nice.

My next-door neighbor (lives about a quarter of a mile away) sent his kid down to my house with my state income tax check in hand. It had been opened and everything, and they said it came in their mail and they didn't realize it wasn't theirs until they opened it. I don't like to be skeptical, but they're kind of sketchy folks (I found some of my stuff at their house and whatnot).

Either way, I got moo-lah!

...you've ordered something on-line and completely forgotten about it?
I don't think that's ever happened to me. Usually I'm checking the tracking every 10 minutes, lol.

12GB worth of memory?
so I take it this means many many more humming bird shots :)

nothing on order for me that I don't know of - sister pestered me into ordering something of amazon for her - so of course I had to add a book to that order ;)

88.9 is awesome. Great jazz, too. Sometimes 90.7, too. But at the moment I'm sitting in a coffee shop on hillsborough st downtown listening to 88.1

... so my friend would not say "Why have I not seen any submission of YOURS among the photos for April?" That was nice.
That's always a nice stroke to the ego when someone wants to have your photo submissions.

12GB worth of memory?
so I take it this means many many more humming bird shots :)
I like a good deal. And yes, these cards are supposed to be supper faster. I have the technology. :lol:

Most reactions

Back