What's new

Don't Dump Animals - VR photo to address an issue

arampan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Singapore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to feel what it was like to be an abandoned pet so I made a trip to the SPCA and locked myself in one of cages for a while. I then photographed this VR in the hope that viewers will understand how wrong it is to buy a pet and then abandon it just because you lose interest.

Check out the VR: http://www.singaporevr.com/vrs/spca/spca.html

abandoned_dog.jpg
 
That's pretty interesting. How many shots does it take to do a VR like that?

Yea, it's pretty lame to abandon a pet - I'm pretty sure a lot of people see pets as these cute little cuddly creatures that they can put away when they're done satisfying their own emotional desires, and don't think about the actual amount of work including obedience training and house training that is involved.

All our pets (2 cats and a dog) have been "acquired" either by someone giving them away, the SPCA, and taking in a stray.
 
Is the dog gonna be okay? The one in the photo, that is. I'm already emotionally attached to him! (must mean its a good photo)
 
If I'm not mistaken... he's in a sponsored cage so he'll continue to receive food and shelter until someone adopts him.
 
If I'm not mistaken... he's in a sponsored cage so he'll continue to receive food and shelter until someone adopts him.

Very cool. I find it admirable that out of all the subjects you could have used to promote your product, you pick on that raises an important issue. Plus that was a very demanding subject. The cage has such strong lines that your product really had to work well in order to not distort the cage... I mean, its kind of like in the lens reviews how they take the photo of the grid (cause it shows all the distortions of the lens). You have a good product!

I'm a sucker for dogs, and something about the wide-angle lens shot of the dog's snout/face really got me. I really like it (plus, the dog looks very optimistic, so that's a plus). It would be a shame if I had to fly to Singapore just to adopt that dog :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom