Don't shoot me!

I agree, it's too big. If I were you I would turn it sideways and have it like this (the three brackets represents one large one and obviously newborns would be centered, without the dots). That way it won't be as chunky looking. Just my opinion though :)

{Seconds in..|.............}
{....Time......|Newborns}
{Photography|.............}

So, I'm asking about the watermark/logo thing NOT the actual image itself :) This is NOT one of my best images, just the first one I happened to open...
Cuz, well, you know, it's all about the logo, not about quality photography.

Oh my gosh. Really? I have better photos but I didn't think the photo would matter when I was just asking about the logo... Would you prefer if I put the logo on a better picture and post it??

I agree, it's too big. If I were you I would turn it sideways and have it like this (the three brackets represents one large one and obviously newborns would be centered, without the dots). That way it won't be as chunky looking. Just my opinion though :)

{Seconds in..|.............}
{....Time......|Newborns}
{Photography|.............}

Thanks misscream... I'll see how it looks.

If you choose to use a WM, I really don't think it needs to be in the same location for each photograph. Why not choose the best (ie. least intrusive) spot in each shot and put it there? Bottom left is clearly the better spot in this particular shot.

I also like the font and second rendition you posted. You could go smaller still, though.

Alright, so ignore the fact that my daughter is not a newborn... Is this any better? I made it horizontal. I didn't change the font yet (forgot... going to look for a better one now)

I am only going to use these "logos" on facebook. On my website, smugmug automatically watermarks all of my images with the watermark banner type thing I was using before... And it is only like that in the public galleries. The client's proofing galleries don't get watermarked.

Anywho, here it is.

*Deleted images because I got the help I needed and didn't want tons of "logo" tests taking up my photo stream..*

Last edited:
Is there anyway you could make the spacing in seconds in time any closer?

I had it closer but then there was a bunch of dead space above and below...

Here's a different font

*Deleted images because I got the help I needed and didn't want tons of "logo" tests taking up my photo stream..*

Last edited:
Well I think it is extremely corny, and I, like others, despise photography names with "time" included.

Of the two, I like the second (post #9) because it is less intrusive. Try not to have a logo that is brighter than your subject. Really, that is composition 101: bright things attract the eye.

I think those squiggly parenthesis things (whatever they're called) are gaudy. The words seem to work just fine by themselves.

And I'm not sure the logo works on the lower left, since then it would be invisible, but maybe that's the point. :)

As a general rule of thumb, the less intrusive it is, the better. But that advice gets parroted around here all the time, and I'm sure you knew that.

And "Seconds in Time" closer

Last edited:
Looks a lot better with the new font :) Are they just going to be on your website? If they are then I would take out your site address.

I don't like the side by side as much as the first arrangement. Do you really need to say "newborn" if it's a shot of a newborn? Might it not be cleaner just as "Seconds in time?"

Looks a lot better with the new font :) Are they just going to be on your website? If they are then I would take out your site address.

Only on facebook

no brackets..

Any other suggestions?

Maybe I'll just make one single post with all the different "options" in it and make it a poll lol

I liked it vertical too because not everyone does it vertically... I see it horizontally more than anything... Trying to be a little bit original...

Last edited:
Try keeping it side by side but put the brackets on top and bottom.

Oh I like it much better without the brackets!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back