Don't tell Tirediron - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
- that I bought another 50mm something lens. This will make #11. I could not resist @ the price for a prized lens in the manual focus world. You can see it here :

MINOLTA MD 50mm f2 LENS Excellent condition! | eBay

Supposed to be equal or better than the Minolta 45/2 that shot this @ ISO 3200 wide open @ 1/50s.

I love to run lenses against each other but it is tough because the 50s it seems were all good back in the days.

Cheap fun.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would highly recommend the Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1Q Red T. They're a little more pricy than many 50s, but it's a great lens and is pretty much my standard.

883* CARL ZEISS JENA TESSAR 50/2.8 PRESET LENS*M42 | eBay

I agree. I love teh nifty fifty's. I wish I had a ff to really maximize their potential.

Tirediron
Tirediron

Where are you??

Where are you??

- that I bought another 50mm something lens. This will make #11. I could not resist @ the price for a prized lens in the manual focus world. You can see it here :

MINOLTA MD 50mm f2 LENS Excellent condition! | eBay

Supposed to be equal or better than the Minolta 45/2 that shot this @ ISO 3200 wide open @ 1/50s.

I love to run lenses against each other but it is tough because the 50s it seems were all good back in the days.

Cheap fun.

Eleven 50mm lenses?? And I thought I had too many lenses and I have six in total! :mrgreen:

I would highly recommend the Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1Q Red T. They're a little more pricy than many 50s, but it's a great lens and is pretty much my standard.

883* CARL ZEISS JENA TESSAR 50/2.8 PRESET LENS*M42 | eBay

I agree. I love teh nifty fifty's. I wish I had a ff to really maximize their potential.

A nice lens for sure but I am happy with my Helios 44-2 which is a clone of the Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar that can be had for under $50 including shipping.

BTW, I am a bottom feeder. ;)

Certainly you have a G Zuiko 1.4, right? That lens is a little too hot for me to handle!

That lens is some serious crazy tacos. I never 100% got used to it, it's really unpredictable. Sometimes it's like super sharp and accurate, other times it will just go wild with these weird "electric" effects and completely out of control coma - like to the point it's kind of interesting. But there is no way really to predict under what circumstance it will go bonkers.

That lens is some serious crazy tacos. I never 100% got used to it, it's really unpredictable. Sometimes it's like super sharp and accurate, other times it will just go wild with these weird "electric" effects and completely out of control coma - like to the point it's kind of interesting. But there is no way really to predict under what circumstance it will go bonkers.

I would have you send it to me for a review but then I would have to buy yet another adapter. Oh well.

i'll hold on to it. i keep planning on trying to figure the thing out.

Most reactions

Back