Don't you hate it when....

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You have the lighting/umbrellas just right, the baby is sitting up and smiling, the shot is picture perfect, and....

Your stupid eneloops die in your YN560. So you scramble to replace them while the baby is still happy but then the tears come and the shot is ruined...for the time being.

Don't you just hate that? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:thumbup:

It always my Cacti man... those things eat batteries twice as fast my speedlights, and they always die when I'm not expecting it.

I wish I could account for the death of my key light with adjustments in LR3, but I don't think it will work. I guess I could take them "as is" and just call them low key shots. :sexywink:

That's the one problem with Eneloop batteries. Because they have a good 'shelf life', people tend not to charge them up before using them.

Pixel Battery Packs = problem solved (then, of course because it lasts for aaaages you won't charge any of it up for soo long you forget where you keep the charger)!

I love the eneloops though, its the person controlling my charger at fault whenever I have trouble with them
kneedragvl3.gif

FYI
Energizer now has NiMH batteries with a much longer shelf life than the older NiMH ones. They also have a higher capacity than Eneloops (2450 mah vs 2000 mah)

I bought a couple 4-packs, on sale for $13.

Yeah, no doubt I'm at fault. I hadn't used them recently and thought they were good to go. My bad. At least this wasn't a paid gig--it was just a photo op of my kid on her 1st birthday, but still....

FYI
Energizer now has NiMH batteries with a much longer shelf life than the older NiMH ones. They also have a higher capacity than Eneloops (2450 mah vs 2000 mah)

I bought a couple 4-packs, on sale for $13.

I use Duracell's version of this product, 2450mAh NiMH, and they do amazingly well for the price. A few hundred half power pops out of my LP160s over 4 to 5 hours easily.

It's the AAAs in my transceivers that bug me... I like that the Cacti are small, but they'd be so much better with AAs.

It's the AAAs in my transceivers that bug me... I like that the Cacti are small, but they'd be so much better with AAs.
The one thing I don't like about my Cyber Sync trigger set, is that the transmitter uses a 'CR2450 lithium coin cell battery'.

You should carry extra batteries...even some non rechargeables can save your behind.

Speaking of annoying the thing that bothers me about my El Cheapo Cowboy units is that they "time out" after some brief period of use so you have to power down and power up again to use them. Bad design, but dirt cheap!

vivitar285HV with power cable., vagabond mini , problem solved

vivitar285HV with power cable., vagabond mini , problem solved

I even use that tiny product on my Elinchrom monolight and get over 600 shots with it!

I want a vagabond mini. Lol

Most reactions

Back