What's new

door

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_5632.webp
DSC_5632.webp
 
IMO this would be more pleasing with a crop off the top.
 
There's a bit of a tilt to the right. I'm not sure there's a perspective problem (converging lines) - sometimes it's hard to tell until it's straightened.

I agree about the top - the part above the concrete doesn't add anything, imo. It's also a bit contrasty for my taste, but others may disagree. A good solid image with a little more work.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
DSC_5632_01.webp
DSC_5632_01.webp
Thanks guys, cropped and tweaked the exposure, small level. Doesn't seem quite as pronounced but maybe you think it is a little cleaner?
 
I think the perspective problem is the vertical lines converging. In Lightroom under Lens Correction. Click Manual then use the Vertical slider. This is pretty minor.
So how's that for getting multiple responses for the same thing?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
I don't have lightroom I have gimp. which I don't really use because I don't know how to and don't like to mess with it.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
oh, I shot this with a 50mm.
 
I don't have lightroom I have gimp. which I don't really use because I don't know how to and don't like to mess with it.

Wow, I couldn't live without it. But you seem to have survived without. I mean post processing is not the whole thing but for me it has become important. It's like the guy who says "Money isn't everything, but it's a long way in front of what ever is in second place." :1247:
 
I don't have lightroom I have gimp. which I don't really use because I don't know how to and don't like to mess with it.

Wow, I couldn't live without it. But you seem to have survived without. I mean post processing is not the whole thing but for me it has become important. It's like the guy who says "Money isn't everything, but it's a long way in front of what ever is in second place." :1247:
really I usually just use the free version of nx that comes with the cameras, if I get bored I will play with Picasso or Gimp.
Generally speaking though, I really just don't like post processing very much. went to another dam today, walking on the rocks snapped some photos, in the city before around the old factory buildings snapping photos. That is more my thing, being out there and doing it. I get stuck on post process of a photo too much I usually just delete I. The photos usually aren't worth enough to me that I want to sit in front of a computer too long and frig with them. And I except a "less than stellar photo" or delete the occasional one as my payment for not being into post process much (but that is fine im over it)
 
well, I cant say that. If I had more stuff going to print which required perfection and had to get more serious. I probably would invest more in post. But I am pretty happy with what goes to print now and most of these never will get printed anyway so I don't give a ****.


The photos I REALLY care about are usually those of my children. which don't really require much processing and you would be hard pressed to not be able to turn out a decent kids photo sooc with three k in camera gear. If you still cant you probably shouldn't own a camera at all.
 
well, I cant say that. If I had more stuff going to print which required perfection and had to get more serious. I probably would invest more in post. But I am pretty happy with what goes to print now and most of these never will get printed anyway so I don't give a ****.


The photos I REALLY care about are usually those of my children. which don't really require much processing and you would be hard pressed to not be able to turn out a decent kids photo sooc with three k in camera gear. If you still cant you probably shouldn't own a camera at all.
Hard to argue with. Keep shooting!
 
yeah. I just need something new. I think I hate my camera. These were all taken with the 7100 and I really just don't like that fukn thing very much.. I will keep it , for what it cost. Barely even used. But really not my kind of walk around camera thing.
 
DSC_5684.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom