Double Selfportrait with Harry Potter by Pascal Riben

Pascal, I've been really enjoying your photos and don't quite understand all the flak you receive. Keep posting and I'll keep looking, if you stop I've got your site bookmarked. :thumbup:

Many thanks for your kind comment casey_2005! Don't worry, I also receive many compliments on internet and in the true life and I even have some fans! But as long as, when somebody give me an "advice" to "improve" a photo I answer and explain why I disagree with the "advice", some people will go crazy. There are generally the most active members on the forums and they have a so big ego that they are 100% sure they can improve your photo by cropping it here or there. Many times, you cannot see their own pictures, and when you can see them...

Thank you for the bookmark!
Honestly I think perhaps it's a clash of egos; those leaving you feedback clearly aren't the only one's with an ego in this case. We all have one no matter how much we hate to admit it. In this case you refuse to see how another's advice could possibly help you improve, or at least this is what is perceived by the way you often respond to negative critique in this forum. That comes off as egotistical. An idiom I am often having to remind myself of is that people who live in a glass house should not be throwing stones. Perhaps you could take this same advice before pointing fingers and telling others they have a big ego.

Pascal, I've been really enjoying your photos and don't quite understand all the flak you receive. Keep posting and I'll keep looking, if you stop I've got your site bookmarked. :thumbup:

Many thanks for your kind comment casey_2005! Don't worry, I also receive many compliments on internet and in the true life and I even have some fans! But as long as, when somebody give me an "advice" to "improve" a photo I answer and explain why I disagree with the "advice", some people will go crazy. There are generally the most active members on the forums and they have a so big ego that they are 100% sure they can improve your photo by cropping it here or there. Many times, you cannot see their own pictures, and when you can see them...

Thank you for the bookmark!
Honestly I think perhaps it's a clash of egos; those leaving you feedback clearly aren't the only one's with an ego in this case. We all have one no matter how much we hate to admit it. In this case you refuse to see how another's advice could possibly help you improve, or at least this is what is perceived by the way you often respond to negative critique in this forum. That comes off as egotistical. An idiom I am often having to remind myself of is that people who live in a glass house should not be throwing stones. Perhaps you could take this same advice before pointing fingers and telling others they have a big ego.

Thank you for your comment.

Most reactions

Back