Double Selfportrait with Harry Potter by Pascal Riben

Many thanks for your full and deep comment thebasedsloth: I never couldn't pass so many time to write on a picture I don't like :madmad:
Thats a big point to this forum; feedback. If we don't like an image, we help the artist by telling WHY we don't like it. Simply passing on the photos you don't like and only commenting on how much you love another photo isn't helping anyone.

Thank you for your comment DanOstergren! Telling to the artist why you don't like a picture is not going always to help him... :er:

I disagree! If those giving critique are knowledgeable, and are judging the technical and composition... then that should help the photographer improve (assuming the photographer is open to suggestions! Not all are, obviously! ;) )

It may crush the ego a little bit, but if the photographer is only here for compliments, he is in the wrong place.

It's an interesting idea, I like the use of all the reflections in the mirrors. There's an edge of a sign to the right, I'd think about cropping the photo to eliminate that as it seems distracting.

Just about everything i've learned about photography is from others critique.. On THIS forum. So of course I'll pass the knowledge onto others. Whether you take it into consideration next time you shoot is up to you.

Many thanks for your full and deep comment thebasedsloth: I never couldn't pass so many time to write on a picture I don't like :madmad:
Thats a big point to this forum; feedback. If we don't like an image, we help the artist by telling WHY we don't like it. Simply passing on the photos you don't like and only commenting on how much you love another photo isn't helping anyone.

Thank you for your comment DanOstergren! Telling to the artist why you don't like a picture is not going always to help him... :er:
You're right! If the photographer's ego is so inflated that he just doesn't see how he could possibly improve from it then they certainly wont see how the feedback could possibly help. I certainly don't have the time to offer feedback to you or anyone else if all they see it as is a blow to their ego. If you would prefer that you don't get feedback then I suggest you just post your photos on facebook for your family and friends to give endless compliments. This isn't the place for you in my opinion if you aren't open for feedback. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Last edited:
I find it a bit childish. I mean both the image and everybody's reaction.

It's an interesting idea, I like the use of all the reflections in the mirrors. There's an edge of a sign to the right, I'd think about cropping the photo to eliminate that as it seems distracting.

Thank you for your comment and idea vingagesnaps!

I find it interesting that you mostly seem to respond to those that are positive about your images... why is that?

Hmmm, I just don't get it... I actually went to your page and wasted 5 minutes of my life clicking through some of your pics. I think perhaps you should listen to some of the valuable advice other, much more knowledgeable photographers here are trying to offer...

Hmmm, I just don't get it... I actually went to your page and wasted 5 minutes of my life clicking through some of your pics. I think perhaps you should listen to some of the valuable advice other, much more knowledgeable photographers here are trying to offer...

Thank you for your comment coastalconn! Sorry you lost 5 minutes of your life: why did you stay so much time on my site? Personnaly, after 2 or 3 images - or even 1 ! - I know if I find the photographer interesting.

Thank you for your comment and idea vingagesnaps!

I find it interesting that you mostly seem to respond to those that are positive about your images... why is that?

Why do you find it interesting that I mostly - which it's not true - respond to those thare are positive about my images ?

Pascal, I've been really enjoying your photos and don't quite understand all the flak you receive. Keep posting and I'll keep looking, if you stop I've got your site bookmarked. :thumbup:

Pascal, I've been really enjoying your photos and don't quite understand all the flak you receive. Keep posting and I'll keep looking, if you stop I've got your site bookmarked. :thumbup:

Many thanks for your kind comment casey_2005! Don't worry, I also receive many compliments on internet and in the true life and I even have some fans! But as long as, when somebody give me an "advice" to "improve" a photo I answer and explain why I disagree with the "advice", some people will go crazy. There are generally the most active members on the forums and they have a so big ego that they are 100% sure they can improve your photo by cropping it here or there. Many times, you cannot see their own pictures, and when you can see them...

Thank you for the bookmark!

I agree with Casey. I am aware that Pascal needs to respond more openly to critique, but the insults his work is receiving are a little extreme. I don't see how you are 'wasting minutes of your life' by looking at his portfolio. Many of his shots are very good indeed, especially his Venice portfolio. People need to grow up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back