Doves and Blue Jays and Hawks, Oh My! C&C appreciated :)

Lraccomando

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are three of my favorite shots from a walk I took earlier today to play with my new Nikkor 55-200mm VR. I'm loving the extra reach so far, and considering the variety of birdlife around my dorm I thought it would be nice to try some bird photos. Please let me know what you think, what I can do to improve, etc.

Thanks very much!

Mourning Doves by laccomando, on Flickr

Blue Jay by laccomando, on Flickr

Red Tailed Hawk 2 by laccomando, on Flickr

Like all of them, the hawk is my favorite - the ever elusive birds of prey! Not sure if East coast Blue Jays look different than those on the West coast, but that looks more like a Scrub Jay.

Thank you, this particular hawk is amazingly tolerant of gawkers with cameras. Also, I believe that this is a blue jay as scrub jays are not native this far east, but I could be mistaken.

Cool shots , get that Hawk used to seeing you. Know he will make for some great shots.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Nice images, love the bokeh, thanks for sharing. The second one is definitely a blue jay, scrub jays are seldom, if ever, seen east of the Mississippi and the black "collar" is a definite give-away. Could you tell if the red-tail was a juvenile or an adult - just asking...

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back