What's new

Down the hall

Robchaos

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
105
Reaction score
14
Location
Westminster, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hallway.jpg

I liked the lighting here. This is at an abandoned hospital complex childrens wing.
 
The colors are beautiful. Also awesome job keeping the camera low to the ground.
 
I think the photo itself is haunted! excellent job!
 
Thank you both. This is one of my favorite spots to explore (partially due to it's proximity to where I live) but it's slowly being destroyed by vandals :(
 
Yes, wonderful lighting, and good exposure. I'd crop a little on the bottom and also get rid of some of the bright spots on the carpet.

The upside to the vandals is that every time you go back it will look different.
 
Thanks for the input. I prefer the shot with the light on the carpet, as that was how the natural lighting was. I think it would look too edited otherwise. As for the beginning of the hallway, I left it there as a lead in, but it would probably work without it as well. I'll give it a edit when I get home tonight and see which version I prefer. The downside to the vandals is that they are usually unimaginative and often arsonists as well. There are too many shots I have that would be awesome if it wasn't for the presence of large spray paint penis or giant vulgar word.
 
The upside to the vandals is that every time you go back it will look different.
The thing is, most of us who photograph abandonments are attracted by the natural decay of things. Whenever I enter an abandoned house, I get immediately ticked off and frustrated if the place has been vandalized. Vandals are the main reason why many abandonments have "no trespassing" signs – the signs won't stop the vandals from entering, but they do stop me.

EDIT: The photo looks very cool, especially if you click on it and view it bigger.
 
idk. I think vandalism is intrinsic part of decay. Humans are always looking for novel ways to convince ourselves that we've transcended our natural environment.

I find it kind of funny that a derelict building with no opportunity for restoration would post no trespassing on the account of a little spraypaint when the foundation is steadily eroding away... :)
 
It. Would be one thing if it was only graffiti, but there have been 3 major fires set in the past few years, one of them completely destroyed a whole section of building. There used to be a theater there too.
 
I'd be ok with this also, if it weren't for the danger to human life.
 
It's cool but a little bottom heavy. I'd crop to just under the brown thing and tilt maybe a hair right.
 
Very cool. I am always fascinated by abandoned buildings and the pictures I see of them...this one is really cool with the blue carpet and all of the colors on the walls!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom