Down the tracks.. C&C Please

asheeants

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I took these the other day, after I had driven over these tracks. I had to turn around and stop to snap a few shots. I have to admit, I have been a little apprehensive about posting on TPF but if I now know if I want to improve getting feedback is the way to go, esp on TPF. I took these with my nikon D90, in aperture priority, with it set between f 16 & 22. My PP is with photoshop which I'm still new at. Any C&C would greatly be appreciated! Thanks guys!

tracks03.jpg

tracks01.jpg

tracks.jpg

#2 is my favorite, although the sky is a little over exposed. I'm still fairly new as well but I believe that a circular polarizing filter would have helped with that problem. I am a fan of railroad tracks as well and think overall you did well.

I'm a newb so I can't say much except that I like them. Especially the one looking right down the track #2.

#2 is my favorite, although the sky is a little over exposed. I'm still fairly new as well but I believe that a circular polarizing filter would have helped with that problem. I am a fan of railroad tracks as well and think overall you did well.
I agree, its a shame I don't have one. Hopefully in the near future. I wonder what I could have done to help that without one though. Ya know?

I would have lowered your F# to about 8-11 and upped your shutter speed.

I <3 your sky. I've always found skies to be a sticking point with me. Hard to get right, but when you do! :thumbup:

I really like #1... it seems like a nice place to just lay down and look at the sky. The shadows raking across the scene are great.

While I don't like the color version, the monotone #3 might be ok for me if the rail was in focus all the way through the foreground, but without elevating the camera, it wouldn't be possible without a tilt-shift lens or focus stacking.

I would have lowered your F# to about 8-11 and upped your shutter speed.

Ok thanks a bunch I'll keep that in mind for next time!

I <3 your sky. I've always found skies to be a sticking point with me. Hard to get right, but when you do! :thumbup:
Thanks, the clouds were just perfect. I would have to agree, a stunning sky makes a photo.

#1 is a winner for me. I really like the composition. Such a lovely spot too!

I love the angle in 2 and 3 very different i like how they turned out, not the ordinarily prospective view train tracks picture well done

#1 is a winner for me. I really like the composition. Such a lovely spot too!

Thank ya, I love how the tracks go on forever.

Most reactions

Back