Downeast Maine | Winter Day | Black and White

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On my way home from my Maine trip this weekend (drove up Saturday and came home Sunday) I crested Catherine's Hill and immediately pulled over--the low clouds/fog on top of Tunk Mountain and the bare trees just seemed to perfectly epitomize a Downeast winter afternoon.

Nikon D800
Tamron 70-200 2.8VC

Downeast by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Really like the low angle on this one. The hill itself is a teensy bit busy and flattens the picture a little. I think cropping out a bit of the foreground actually helps create a bit more depth and dimension.

Yes, this ^^^, or at least darken it because it's really out of focus.

If you like this photo come on up and enjoy 8 months of this weather!

I'm thinking something like this... I also had to get rid of the traffic sign.
16003292046_b278bb317e_bh_zps8f484412.jpg

Hmmm... I liked the original because the lines from the road led you into the subject of the photo. I'm not sure about that crop... I'll have to tinker with it. Good call on the sign though. [emoji106]

The foreground blur does add a dreamy mood to the photo.

Hmmm... I liked the original because the lines from the road led you into the subject of the photo. I'm not sure about that crop... I'll have to tinker with it. Good call on the sign though. [emoji106]

I think that crops a bit too much from the bottom - I would go somewhere between this and the original. I like some of the foreground blur, but I find the original has so much that it actually takes up almost half the photo and overpowers the lovely textures in the top half of the photo. And I find the very bottom is so close that it makes me feel just a wee bit dizzy, like I'm about to face-plant on the road.

In the original, right above your watermark on the bottom left, do you see those two dark lines on the shoulder? I would have cropped it just at the top line. You still get some nice foreground bokeh and the full line of the road, but less face planting :)

Nice one! I like the road in the foreground, but I can see where there might be JUST a tad too much.

The perspective here is lovely though, takes my eyes on quite a cold journey.

Nice one! I like the road in the foreground, but I can see where there might be JUST a tad too much.

The perspective here is lovely though, takes my eyes on quite a cold journey.

Thanks! I'll update the crop shortly [emoji5]️

Interesting camera position. The foliage hides the toe of the hill making it appear almost like a wave cresting onto the trees below. The OOF foreground is a bit distracting.

Interesting camera position. The foliage hides the toe of the hill making it appear almost like a wave cresting onto the trees below. The OOF foreground is a bit distracting.

Yeah, as others have said, it seems a bit distracting. But to be honest, I can't find a crop that I like. I LIKE the oof foreground like that, so I guess I'll just leave it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back