Downeast Sunset | Maine | Easter Weekend

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent this weekend (drove up Saturday and came home this evening, Monday) in Downeast Maine with some family. Saturday evening I shot the sunset (we got there about an hour before sunset, so I dropped my bags and ran off to chase the light), Sunday morning we went to a sunrise service and I captured some of the beautiful sunrise, then headed up Downeast to hike/snow-shoe with some friends, and Monday I did nothing photo-related. I'll be slowly dispersing this weekends images here, so here's the first set.

We arrived in Sedgewick (near Blue-Hill, for those of you who know noteworthy places in Maine) around 5:00pm. I set down all my bags, threw my gear back in the car, and headed over to Deer Isle to see if I could get any nice long-exposures of the bridge. I got a few, but really hated the composition so I ended up trashing those. About 40 minutes before sunset I set off on Deer Isle to see if I could find a point on the West End of the island to shoot the sunset from--turns out I found one! The wind was whipping and I didn't pack as many layers as I had wanted, but it was a beautiful sunset. Here's my two favorites :)

Wind-Blown by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Fading by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Like the 2nd one Jake.

Love the action in the water! Just enough blur to give that sense of movement. Awesome stuff!

Very nice!

Thanks for the kind words! It was the first sunset in a while that had some clouds in the sky--the last few times I've been photographing cloudless sunsets.. Haha.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn tourists...;)

These are great! A tad too dark for my taste (Which is surprising, bc I love dark photos haha).

But I really like the motion of the water and the calmness of the sky.

Once again, a nice shot :)

Damn tourists...;)

Hahah. I think I qualify as a non-tourist/wannabe-resident now [emoji5]️

These are great! A tad too dark for my taste (Which is surprising, bc I love dark photos haha).

But I really like the motion of the water and the calmness of the sky.

Once again, a nice shot :)

I know what you mean. I wanted to include the wave action but the only spot that there seemed to be any was off to the far left; I myself much prefer the second image, but added the first to see what others thought.
Much darker/moodier than my typical work, for sure.

Damn tourists...;)
thats what i was thinking. LOL Good shots though. Like the frame balance. 2 for me too, both are nice.

Really nice shots! I prefer number 2 as well but number 1 has some nice draw from the moving water on the left. Very nice images

Really nice shots! I prefer number 2 as well but number 1 has some nice draw from the moving water on the left. Very nice images

Thanks! The moving water is nice, but not as prominent and awesome as I had hoped.

Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back