Downtown Shots...C&C is welcome!

naaaach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went downtown yesterday afternoon, these are a few pictures...

gastown.jpg

6338360e9986b8d799322ad82230d97c4f432c5.jpg

633836315e1a8693fa36dd174d3e7c70dc2cb84.jpg

The first two photos, I was experimenting a bit, trying out a new style, maybe. Slight colour accents seem to make it...interesting for me. I would love to hear any thoughts on that. Good? Bad?

The third is just 2 exposures ran through black and white and I played around with the filters a bit.

Thanks!

great shots.. love the lack of people in the photos.. if there were absolutly NO people in the shots id love them even more =) this is often impossible however.. some meticulous clone stamping can remove some of the stragglers..

love the subtle use of HDR way to not over do it like many have..
keep up the great work
post more when you can!

Thanks! For a couple of the shots (2nd and 3rd) I tried to wait until all the people walked out of the frame, which was really hard to do in downtown. Usually, in front of the St. Regis, there's tons of people and cars, so I was lucky to grab a shot when it was quiet.

I'm finding this style really interesting, I think I will take more photos in this form!

Great photos! They look great just the way they are. The B&W effect makes it.
Have you played with over/under exposure to manipulate the contrast?

By the way what City?

Great photos! They look great just the way they are. The B&W effect makes it.
Have you played with over/under exposure to manipulate the contrast?

By the way what City?

Thanks! I played with exposure settings, overall contrast, and manipulated highlights & shadows. It was a complete fluke the way it turned out, and I love it, so I gave it my own preset. ;)

And I live in Vancouver, BC...it's a great city.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back