Drag Race.

nEmd.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so.. I'm totally new to this forum and fairly new to sport photography. I attended this drag race in the weekend and took some shots. Few of those are here and I'd love to get a lot of pointers and tips to get my work better in this area of photography.
$edra nationals-25.jpg$edra nationals-26.jpg$edra nationals-38.jpg$edra nationals-72.jpg

Cheers.

I like the second image every much, not a big fan of the angle shots, drag racing is a straight line sport. They are a little contrasty as well.

I like the second image every much, not a big fan of the angle shots, drag racing is a straight line sport. They are a little contrasty as well.

I'd have to agree with everything here.

They seem a little over edited.

Yeah, I agree. Too much contrast and the sideways angle does nothing for them. Even the last one has the car going uphill.

Okay, good to know at least in what areas I need to change to get more acceptable results. For some reason i have a tendency to push my contrast a lot.

It's not that you aren't creating acceptable results, I also like to go with a little more contrast than some like. The images theselves are good, apart from the being crooked, which works sometimes, but not always. I think if you just pull back a little bit on the contrast, everything will look good.

Not a fan of action shots of racing that are crooked, but I agree with the processing, don't mind it just pull back a bit. #2 is a winner.

I think the thumbnail of the first one looks greattt. But when i zoom in to it, you see the faults such as the soft focus on the rider

haha, i see what you did there, Forkie.

thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back